Chat

Author Topic: A few bugs (Genesis)  (Read 678 times)

Offline Raijin

A few bugs (Genesis)
« on: October 15, 2017, 05:05:59 PM »
I haven't been around lately since Delek seems busy most of the time, but I figure I should probably report things anyway just in case.

1) The volume slider for PCM samples doesn't register the change if using the scroll wheel.

2) The macro bug I reported before is still there. Any PSG instrument that uses a macro will sometimes ignore the macro and play a loud sound instead for VGM exports.

3) Sometimes, VGM exports will loop incorrectly. The FM instrument on the last pattern will not switch back to the instrument used in the pattern being looped to.

4) It seems rarely, sometimes the PCM channel will randomly shut off for a section in VGM exports.

Its worth noting that these happen pretty commonly, except for 4, which happens rarely as far as I know. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to reproduce the problem in 3 and 4.
For problem 2, I have attached a Module and VGM export from a track I did, and removed everything except for the PSG channels that used a macro, so you can hear it easily. At 4 and 10 seconds into the VGM, you can hear the bug. This can happen to any PSG channel that uses a macro.

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
A few bugs (Genesis)
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 11:45:41 AM »
Thanks for the modules! I'm busy but working in DefleMask too. The point 1 and 2 are being addressed in the develop version of the tracker. Bug 3 is something happening for some time now and I can't seems to find where the bug is so far but I'm aware of it.
Bug 4 is new for me, will check this out.

Offline Raijin

A few bugs (Genesis)
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 07:06:32 PM »
Very nice, thanks. It will still be great if you can manage to fix bugs 1 and 2.

Offline Dav

• Delek FTW
A few bugs (Genesis)
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 04:55:53 PM »
I was also suffering with the bug #3 but i found a workaround. After setting the loop, i went to the same channel which gets the wrong instrument after loop, it was empty so i set a note and switched back and forth the instrument a few times at an inaudible volume and it worked. But if i had stuff on that channel at the time i wouldn't be able to do it, so that's still a problem.