Chat

Author Topic: An error converting VGM to XGC with xgmtool - can u help me?  (Read 924 times)

Offline tacha

• Delek FTW
    • Email
An error converting VGM to XGC with xgmtool - can u help me?
« on: October 08, 2016, 12:04:00 AM »
Hi guys! how are you?

I very happy to be part of this community :)

well, i have a trouble when i want to convert my VGM archive, to xgc. I do not know exactly what the problem is, but I know when I attach the file to my project xgc in Basiega everything seems to work well. Put the compiled file in the EverDrive this in my Sega Genesis, then the music is frozen at a certain time, also freezing the game. With the emulator is exactly the same.

Maybe it's a "warning" that gives me the xgmtool?

"Waning: more then 6 key command key on or off in a single frame "

A photo of this:

I've tried to export some track with only a pattern and only one instrument, but always gives me the same "warning".
Can you help me ???

THANKS !!

Offline marcb0t

An error converting VGM to XGC with xgmtool - can u help me?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 11:12:52 PM »
Hi tacha,

I'm very sorry, I don't think I know how to help in this situation. It seems you should contact the developer of the xgmtool converter.

What I do know is that "Key Off" commands are basically when you tell your tracker to take the finger off of the piano key. If you have your "Release Rate" set too high, then the sound will slowly fade after a "Key Off" command. If your Release Rate is all the way down, then the sound stops immediately when there is a "Key Off".

However, I do not know why this conversion software does not like it. It SHOULD be working, but it doesn't. :(

You should contact Stef, the developer. Here is his original post for releasing the xgmtool: http://www.deflemask.com/forum/rom-builders/xgm-vgm-player-for-megadrive/

And here is his profile page: http://www.deflemask.com/forum/profile/?u=1075

Hope it works out!