Chat

Author Topic: Random crash in some random computers [SOLVED!]  (Read 22026 times)

r57shell

Random crash in some random computers
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2014, 04:32:43 pm »
I think, null pointer was interpretated like normal pointer to null terminated string. After it, some bad characters before null character was processed and make some glBindTexture or I don't know... and some video cards works without crashes with such behavior, but other are crushing. It's my explanation.
Also, do you know, that if you bind same "texture object" to different samplers, you'll fail? (It's from OpenGL docs.)

bod

Random crash in some random computers [SOLVED!]
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2014, 01:32:51 pm »
Uhhh..that really was a nasty one. :) Glad you solved it anyways and I'm on a new Laptop now with Intel/Nvidia.

Offline SpoonyBard

• Global Moderator
  • Music's in my name!
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2015, 06:45:01 pm »
I recently upgraded to Windows 8.1, and I've tested DefleMask on other Windows 8-running computers. For some reason, when I try to open DefleMask, it gives me this message:
"Impossible to create the Window. CODE: 0xF4E7372F"
I have an AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor running at 3.2 GHz, 8 GB of RAM and a 64-bit operating system.
If someone could help me by at least telling me what the error code means, that'd be fantastic. Thanks in advance!
Also, my display monitor is an ATI Radeon 4800 HD
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 11:34:29 pm by SpoonyBard »
Music truly is without age.

kfaraday

« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2015, 01:53:00 am »
my program crashed while it was playing a song.

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2015, 01:56:47 am »
I recently upgraded to Windows 8.1, and I've tested DefleMask on other Windows 8-running computers. For some reason, when I try to open DefleMask, it gives me this message:
"Impossible to create the Window. CODE: 0xF4E7372F"
I have an AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor running at 3.2 GHz, 8 GB of RAM and a 64-bit operating system.
If someone could help me by at least telling me what the error code means, that'd be fantastic. Thanks in advance!
Also, my display monitor is an ATI Radeon 4800 HD
That's a video driver error. DefleMask can't create an OpenGL window sucessfully. Check your OpenGL/Videocard Drivers.

my program crashed while it was playing a song.
I need more information kfaraday, System used, there's a log file for that crash? That would be helpful.

Offline SpoonyBard

• Global Moderator
  • Music's in my name!
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2015, 05:01:37 am »
I've tried to search for solutions, but I can't find anything that installs the drivers. According to most sites out there, OpenGL is incompatible with Windows 8, and according to my friend Steven, if I have DirectX I should already have the drivers.
I've even tested it on other computers that run Windows 8, and it works just fine! I don't know what else to do, but I can't lose access to this program. Does anyone have a specific link to something that can fix this issue?

Offline SpoonyBard

• Global Moderator
  • Music's in my name!
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2015, 09:53:16 am »
Okay. I don't know what I did, but I just ran a dmf file from KillaMaaki, and all of a sudden, I can run the program again.
I must have found the right combination of drivers on complete accident in my fit of "Install, Install, Install!"
Don't worry, I've taken the necessary precautions to prevent any and all viruses from infecting my computer. ;D

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2015, 12:18:02 pm »
That's good news! :)