Chat

Author Topic: Sounds aren't changing on Gameboy.  (Read 80 times)

Offline Shintaro_Of_Evil

• Listen, I'm more into competitive SSBM then this..
Sounds aren't changing on Gameboy.
« on: June 10, 2018, 09:50:51 PM »
I was making a song on the Gameboy system, and I have 2 different presets for SQ1: 0 and 3. I used 3 for 4 measures, but when I tried changing it back to 0, the sound didn't change. However, when it happened prior to those 4 measures, it worked perfectly fine. If I explained this horribly, I'll put the song as an attachment so you can see what I mean. Unless it works for you, in that case... well...
The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 12:07:03 PM »
The song is too large and I don't see where the problem is. Could you be more specific?

Offline Shintaro_Of_Evil

• Listen, I'm more into competitive SSBM then this..
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 11:41:56 PM »
Okay, it mainly involves channels 00-03 and 0A. The only Square channel that is needed is SQ1.
The two instruments I'm hearing in question are 0 (Echo) and 3 (Lead3).
Basically, on channels 00-03, the instruments work as expected, when I put 0 next to the note it plays 0.
However, on 0A, despite having the 0 next to the note, it plays the sound for 3 instead of 0.
I haven't changed anything at all, but this problem still hasn't been fixed after resetting the game, or full on uninstalling and reinstalling.
It's something with the song, but there is no command present to keep the instrument the same..
The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.