Chat

Author Topic: Volume Slide (Axy) starting-point bug.  (Read 375 times)

Offline elmer

• Delek FTW
Volume Slide (Axy) starting-point bug.
« on: March 11, 2017, 02:33:51 PM »
When you start a Volume Slide down (or up), DefleMask has to decide what volume to start from.

If the current instrument has a Volume Macro, but the Volume Macro has finished, then instead of using the channel's current playback volume at the end of the macro, DefleMask starts the slide by calculating what volume to use from the very first value in the Volume Macro.

So if you have a Volume Column value of 31, and a Volume Macro with 2 values, 0 and 31 ... then a Volume Slide that starts on the 3rd-or-greater frame starts at volume 0 instead of the expected volume of 31.

I would normally expect that a Volume Slide should start at the channel's current playback volume.

Is this a bug, or by-design?

This happens on the PC Engine.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 03:31:21 PM by elmer »

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 09:52:50 PM »
Is this ONLY happening on PCE? Please try to replicate it on the NES for example. I'm on the phone right now.

Offline elmer

• Delek FTW
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 03:47:14 AM »
Is this ONLY happening on PCE? Please try to replicate it on the NES for example. I'm on the phone right now.

I've just repeated the problem by using the example that I attached to the message, and changing the System to NES.

Is that a good-enough test?

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 12:49:27 PM »
Yes, I will look into this. Thanks.