Chat

Author Topic: Delek, it's been at least 2 years since a system was added to Deflemask. :P  (Read 1962 times)

Offline djmaximum

• Email
I wanna see fixed noise freq reach and volume levels in Deflemask for PC Engine first

I mean YM2608 for sure (.m2 and .vgm would be best for export, m2 being the "rom" and .vgm as, well duh .vgm)
Don't forget about the .s98 file format.
Other places where you can find my music.
my chiptune up
my chipmusic
my BOTB

Offline Genatari

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
YMU759  ;)

Does anyone even remember?
nice >:]

Offline Paul999

• Ugrrr... Trakeando sistemas...
    • Email
Vote for OKIM6295!
As the SNES S-SMP vote for the new tracker system...

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
YMU759  ;)

Does anyone even remember?
Epic post.

Offline Tobikomi

• Visual and Sound
    • Email
Hey Bryce, you should add the Vic-1 chip (Commodore Vic-20 soundchip), I feel that the chip needs a functional tracker for Windows. (I've voted, but it's an awesome chip.)
ぼくのなまえはブライアン(とびこみ)だ。はじめまして!
My name is Bryan (Tobikomi). Nice to meet you!

My Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/bryan-ness-699934457/tracks
My Chipmusic: http://chipmusic.org/gameputer_bryan3
My FTM Forum: http://forums.famitracker.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=275

Offline Alianger

• Super Sugoyim
    • Mini-Revver
    • Email
Honestly I think fully featured existing chips should be higher priority. Like sample playback for the SMS chip, multiple sample playback for MD/GEN, and perhaps "super PSG" with its new waveform options. After that, better sample support so it's easier to tune samples in the tracker. Didn't sample tuning and volume control exist in certain sound drivers for MD games too?

But after that, definitely YM2608 or OPL3! Don't see the point with SNES personally unless perhaps if all its unique effects and filtering are also implemented. Otherwise why not have PS1 or something instead?

YT channel (MD music, romhacks, misc gaming): https://www.youtube.com/user/Alianger/videos

Offline djmaximum

• Email
The reason why I didn't pick the YM2203 is because a tracker for the YM2203 already exists
Other places where you can find my music.
my chiptune up
my chipmusic
my BOTB

Offline Bruce A. Dyson

• A fan of sound hardware
    • Email
The reason why I didn't pick the YM2203 is because a tracker for the YM2203 already exists

TFM is made for the Turbosound FM card, which has two YM2203s. Although the tracker doesn't support SSG channels, it is compatible with Sega Genesis/Mega Drive YM2612 playback.

Offline RazerBlue6

• PC Engine Masterrace
    • Twitter
    • Email
Since the OPN and OPN2 are of the same family you could just use 3 channels of the YM2612 and the SN7 channels as SSG channels.

Or better yet, if the YM2608 gets implemented only use 3 of the FM channels and the SSG, leaving out the ADPCM and remaining 3 FM instruments.

Offline Michirin9801

Since the OPN and OPN2 are of the same family you could just use 3 channels of the YM2612 and the SN7 channels as SSG channels.
The problem with that is that the SMS PSG doesn't have as many pitches as the YM2203's SSG, sometimes I need to go lower in pitch than the SN will allow, and another thing is the noise mode, the SSG can play white noise and square wave on the same channel, kinda like channels 5 and 6 on the PC engine, except it can do even better than that by playing both at the same time on the same channel which can make for some sweet drums and even free up an FM channel to play something like a chord...
I feel that if the YM2608 gets implemented then the YM2203 is a no-brainer...

Offline Paul999

• Email
It's about 3 days...
Winning 2 systems...

Offline Paul999

• Email
It's about 3 days...
Winning 2 systems...
Well vote for SNES...  ::)

Offline Michirin9801

It's about 3 days...
Winning 2 systems...
I regret not having voted for the SNES but... GBA REPRESENT!!

JetStar1997

It's about 3 days...
Winning 2 systems...
I regret not having voted for the SNES but... GBA REPRESENT!!

I, too, voted for the SNES, but I would really like to compose GBA music. (Also, the YM2608 is now taking the lead in this poll).
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 12:19:09 AM by JetStar1997 »

Offline Michirin9801

(Also, the YM2608 is now taking the lead in this poll).
And I'm perfectly fine with that... I want either the SNES or the GBA to win (or both), but since the odds are stacked against the GBA then I'm rooting for the SNES, however if anything other than the SNES is to win, then it has to be the YM2608 (preferably with YM2203 thrown in as well for good measure) which I also want to compose for, it's the FM synth chip that I've always wanted! But everything else? Would not take my attention away from the PC engine for even a second honestly...