Chat

Author Topic: Delek, it's been at least 2 years since a system was added to Deflemask. :P  (Read 1931 times)

Offline Bruce A. Dyson

• A fan of sound hardware
    • Email
I'm really bored. I feel like having a new system with the handy Deflemask after a 2-week voting poll. What system do you think should be in his 0.12.1 release?

Delek, don't get bash-y over this poll, I'm just wanting the feeling of another soundchip after the 2-week contest.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 11:31:32 AM by Bruce A. Dyson »

Offline djmaximum

• Email
I'm hoping for Delek to add in the YM2608 sound chip. The NEC PC-88 and PC-98 really need a tracker and I hope to see support for exporting songs in .s98 format.
Other places where you can find my music.
my chiptune up
my chipmusic
my BOTB

Offline Bruce A. Dyson

• Email
I'm hoping for Delek to add in the YM2608 sound chip. The NEC PC-88 and PC-98 really need a tracker and I hope to see support for exporting songs in .s98 format.

Added alongside YM2203!

Offline bluesky

• Delek FTW
No YMF292/SCSP?

Offline Bruce A. Dyson

• Email
No YMF292/SCSP?

That's too many channels for SCSP (32). It would hog up room in the pattern matrix. Are you referring "YMF292" as "YMF262"?

Offline bluesky

• Delek FTW
I mean Saturn Custom Sound Processor.

Offline Bruce A. Dyson

• Email
Okay. SCSP is a sample based audio chip anyways. Try using trackers that are based around sampled audio (e.g ModPlug Tracker, Impulse Tracker). If you want another system to be included, vote for one of the options above.

Offline Bruce A. Dyson

• Email
Voting is allowed by members ONLY. Delek, please undo your vote.

JetStar1997

I second this post. As someone who has an interest in old soundchips, I would like to compose music that uses this chip.

Offline Michirin9801

PC-88/98, SNES AND GBA audio?? DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE >o<';
I want all of them...

JetStar1997

PC-88/98, SNES AND GBA audio?? DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE >o<';
I want all of them...

I feel the same way too. I wish I could choose more than one... :(

Offline Tobikomi

• Visual and Sound
    • Email
YM2413 ALL THE WAY! B-)
ぼくのなまえはブライアン(とびこみ)だ。はじめまして!
My name is Bryan (Tobikomi). Nice to meet you!

My Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/bryan-ness-699934457/tracks
My Chipmusic: http://chipmusic.org/gameputer_bryan3
My FTM Forum: http://forums.famitracker.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=275

Offline Paul999

• Ugrrr... Trakeando sistemas...
    • Email
Vote for OKIM6295!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 01:24:27 PM by Paul999 »

Offline marcb0t

Okay. SCSP is a sample based audio chip anyways. Try using trackers that are based around sampled audio (e.g ModPlug Tracker, Impulse Tracker). If you want another system to be included, vote for one of the options above.

Incorrect.

SCSP can condense it's 32 sample channels to be divided into 8 separate 4 OP FM channels. It can even be tweaked to produce sounds that rival even the DX 7.

Source: http://segaretro.org/Saturn_Custom_Sound_Processor

Actually, the subdividing of operators can be customized in a variety of arrangments, and you can use sample data as the base oscillation for an operator. Very powerful FM sampling combo. From what I heard, you are not limited to SINE based FM.

I assure you, it is no ordinary sample based tracker. SCSP is actually the most advanced exclusive synth chip that's ever been inside any video game system.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 10:03:25 PM by marcb0t »

Online RazerBlue6

• PC Engine Masterrace
    • Twitter
    • Email
I wanna see fixed noise freq reach and volume levels in Deflemask for PC Engine first

I mean YM2608 for sure (.m2 and .vgm would be best for export, m2 being the "rom" and .vgm as, well duh .vgm)