Chat

Author Topic: Partial Introduction/Dumping YM2151 intstrument patches from VGZ/VGM?  (Read 69 times)

Offline ramen_oranges

• (haha haha yeah)
Heya, I like VGMs and chiptunes, as you may or may not've guessed. I haven't really composed any original songs sadly, as I've mostly worked on (unfinished) covers. I kinda struggle to come up with and keep a consistent tune. I found out about Deflemask a few years ago, when I was looking for a Megadrive tracker that wasn't a pain to use, and since then, I've enjoyed using it quite a bit. Aside from Deflemask, the only other trackers I've mainly used inlcude FamiTracker, and OpenMPT. Maybe if I can stop being lazy, I'll finish something cool and share it on here.

On a semi-related note, I might as well try asking a question. Is there any tool or method of getting instrument patches/settings out of YM2151 VGM rips? There were a few tools that could do this with YM2612 tracks, but seemingly never one for YM2151. The closest I could find was a discontinued program called VGM2PRE which was planned to support this as a feature, but it never got implemented. Alternatively, if there are any different ways to approach this, please shed some light here.