Chat

Author Topic: VGM Player  (Read 145 times)

Offline Yung Gotenks

• Delek FTW
    • Email
VGM Player
« on: July 07, 2017, 05:03:52 PM »
Does anyone know where i can get a VGM Players thta allows to to disable and enable channels? I wanna start making genesis covers but doing it by ear is like, the hardest thing for me. :(

Offline JetStar1997

• I like trains, planes, trucks, and retro games!
    • YouTube channel
    • Email
VGM Player
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 05:44:18 PM »
I use GEP for foobar2000, which comes with channel mutes.

For Genesis, it'll list 7 FM channels when the YM2612 has 6. The "7th" channel is where the DAC samples are played while the "6th" channel is where the FM instruments are played.

Offline Yung Gotenks

• Delek FTW
    • Email
VGM Player
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 06:07:28 PM »
I use GEP for foobar2000, which comes with channel mutes.

For Genesis, it'll list 7 FM channels when the YM2612 has 6. The "7th" channel is where the DAC samples are played while the "6th" channel is where the FM instruments are played.
How do i use it tho?

Offline JetStar1997

• YouTube channel
    • Email
VGM Player
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 06:27:29 PM »
Obviously, you need to have installed foobar2000 firsthand. Afterwards, you download GEP from components page of the foobar2000 website. After downloading it, you click on the component, and it will ask if you want to install it to foobar2000. Afterwards, foobar2000 will restart in order for the changes to take effect, and now you can play any .vgm file in foobar2000. To access the channel mutes, to go View and click GEP control. The channel mutes will only show up while the song is playing though.

Offline Genatari

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
VGM Player
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 02:05:11 PM »
You should probably get RYMCast. It allows for everything supported for Deflemask (instruments) and has support for the "Ladder Effect", PSG PWM and Samples, and .wav file exports for each channel.

https://www.mathieudemange.fr/rymcast/
nice >:]

Offline JetStar1997

• YouTube channel
    • Email
VGM Player
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 02:36:06 PM »
You should probably get RYMCast. It allows for everything supported for Deflemask (instruments) and has support for the "Ladder Effect", PSG PWM and Samples, and .wav file exports for each channel.

https://www.mathieudemange.fr/rymcast/

I forgot to mention this player as well.