Chat

Author Topic: Changelog: Beta 2  (Read 10819 times)

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
Changelog: Beta 2
« on: May 18, 2011, 05:56:54 PM »
Beta 2 Released. Changelog:

01: Added buttons: Delete frame, Insert frame.
02: Added a warning step to the "New" button in order to avoid accidentally lost of data. (thanks FD)
03: Fixed a right mouse click bug on Pattern Matrix values (they could jump from 0 to FF).
04: The cancel button, that appears when a file is loading, now is static at top of the screen. (thanks FD)
05: Disabled copy frame button on MMF Player mode.
06: Added the repeat checkbox on MMF Player mode.
07: Added mute all->solo features.
08: Removed the dependence of running value inside config.ini.
09: Added playback sampling rate selector. (I think that this will solve the high latency issues on Realtek's HD cards)
10: Added a change base selector (used with the "note duration", you can get stranges and more specific tempos).
11: Added a "++" / "--" buttons on rows amout selector, in order to go up and down more quickly.
12: True channel muting (I was setting the volume to a inaudible value).
13: General optimization.
14: Fixed a button texture load bug while a new skin is loading.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 09:11:56 AM by Delek »

Offline franciscod

• Delek FTW
BETA 2 TODO LIST/REQUESTS
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 07:30:03 PM »
I think the ON/OFF and EDIT PRESET buttons are awesome, but the scaling just blurs them awesomeness out, it would be nice that they were the same size as the image so they dont scale :D

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
BETA 2 TODO LIST/REQUESTS
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 07:44:52 PM »
Actually, the buttons and textures size is the same (78x10 px), the blur effect is something else. Seems to be a mipmap disturbance.

Offline Demick12

• Sealed for freshness past the expiration date...
    • Email
Todo list and Requests: Beta 2
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 01:46:41 AM »
delek,

Here's my wish list for DEfLEmasK:

-instrument column (unless the chip you are working from is limited to a very large degree where there is <i>only</i> one instrument per channel). There would be a large amount of freedom if there were a database of instruments to work from instead of having to load instruments from files all the time. Yet, this is a low priority thing for me because the fact that DefleMask has instruments anyway is pretty cool. This is entirely up to you.

-protamento. Need I say more.  :)

-arpeggio, if feasible.
I am not insain, I have just been evilly reprogrammed. -Cyber-Lip

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 02:38:07 AM »
:D
-instrument column (unless the chip you are working from is limited to a very large degree where there is <i>only</i> one instrument per channel). There would be a large amount of freedom if there were a database of instruments to work from instead of having to load instruments from files all the time. Yet, this is a low priority thing for me because the fact that DefleMask has instruments anyway is pretty cool. This is entirely up to you.
(Did you mean "instrument list" instead of "Instrument column" right?)
The other day I was thinking about this point too. But I cannot figure out how the Instrument list can be useful. I mean, if you have a list of 100 instrument, you only can use 16. So, for what reason do you loaded the others?. If you can explain your idea of "instrument list" on DefleMask and how it can work, would be very useful; I simply cannot figure out the dynamic of having such feature.
-protamento. Need I say more.  :)
The portamento code is almost 70% done, but the YMU759 has a weird way to handle the pitch changes. I do not promise that portamento will be ready for Beta 2, I need to change lot of things to get it working properly.
-arpeggio, if feasible.
Arpeggio is easy to add, but the soundchip doesn't support it in a native way, and I think that it's a bit unnecessary on a 16 channels FM Soundchip tracker. If I rembember correctly, Adlib Tracker II (YMF262) doesn't have an arpeggio command. The "arpeggio trick" to obtain a "chord effect" is from the low polyphony era; I mean, I didn't heared a game on the SEGA Genesis using ultra fast arpeggios instead of chords. However, I can add the 0xy effect Arpeggio if it's requested by many people.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 02:41:48 AM by Delek »

Offline franciscod

• Delek FTW
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 03:58:33 AM »
instrument list ---> preset folder?

---

BUG: unreadable large string at info headers

steps to reproduce: Disk Op, L. MMF, HappyPoppy.mmf

behaviour expected: readable copyright field

current behaviour: the field remains unreadable at any window width.

Also: the window itselfs limits it width? i mean it resizes to a upper boundary if its exceeded?

---
Another bug: Add a vertical scrollbar to the mmf/dmf file explorer: if its too crowded of files it makes the "cancel" button unreachable. I think that button should be at thet top of the list, being always at the same position.
suggestion: better file explorer? change directory? sort files by filename?

--

Fast double click "on/off" to "solo" (mute all, unmute clicked)

---

Disable copy frame button in mmf playback!
Add Repeat mode checkbox to MMF playback -- BOOOOOOO ITS HIDDENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

sorry if i seem too aggressive lol, i get a little bit excited while bug-hunting deflemask
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 04:14:15 AM by FD »

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 04:49:50 AM »
BUG: unreadable large string at info headers
Yeah, my original idea was to limit the characters on the headers, but for some reason I forgot to do that. Some MMFs have huges headers, I thougth that a limit of 20 would be right. The format can handle headers with unlimited size, but it's unpractical.
Another bug: Add a vertical scrollbar to the mmf/dmf file explorer: if its too crowded of files it makes the "cancel" button unreachable. I think that button should be at thet top of the list, being always at the same position.
Agree. Added to Todo List.
I know that the file explorer is a little bit precarious, but I'm trying to stay on cross-plataform solutions all the time. And a file explorer with change directory features, needs an implementation per Operating System. So, at the moment, this precarious file explorer is what we have.

Fast double click "on/off" to "solo" (mute all, unmute clicked)
Agree, added.

Disable copy frame button in mmf playback!
Added.
Add Repeat mode checkbox to MMF playback -- BOOOOOOO ITS HIDDENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Added.
sorry if i seem too aggressive lol, i get a little bit excited while bug-hunting deflemask
Go on, cousin!. :D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 04:51:37 AM by Delek »

Offline franciscod

• Delek FTW
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 02:29:02 PM »
I know that the file explorer is a little bit precarious, but I'm trying to stay on cross-plataform solutions all the time. And a file explorer with change directory features, needs an implementation per Operating System. So, at the moment, this precarious file explorer is what we have.

it isn't platform-specific to implement a quicksort :P

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 06:40:23 PM »
it isn't platform-specific to implement a quicksort :P
I didn't reply to that specific part of your post because DefleMask, actually, sort the files by filename. I don't know why you're getting the files in a wrong order (are you using in WINE?).

Offline franciscod

• Delek FTW
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 02:13:26 AM »
another bug: if i open a dmf/mmf, it plays as if it was the start.mmf.. epic fail

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2011, 02:25:12 AM »
If you don't have DefleMask opened, the intro would play as usual, but playing the tune that you have loaded. I think that it's a nice feature and is intentional.

Offline franciscod

• Delek FTW
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2011, 03:56:58 PM »
Listen the Channel 0 at Microsoft Crazy.mmf, it has interesting examples of:

-Portamento
-"Chords" (the notes doesn't cancel the previous notes, they all play together in the same instrument)
-Instrument switching (it becames a bass at some point, same instrument, different preset)

Maybe DefleMask's interface should help the users to do those things :D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 04:04:11 PM by FD »

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2011, 04:41:54 PM »
Listen the Channel 0 at Microsoft Crazy.mmf, it has interesting examples of:

-Portamento
Yeah, Portamento implementation is almost done, but is not perfect yet.
-"Chords" (the notes doesn't cancel the previous notes, they all play together in the same instrument)
Yes, this is possible on the soundchip, but the limit of 16 channel still there. So, if you want 16 instruments on the channel 0, you will not be able to make any sound on the others. This have no sense on a tracker interface.
-Instrument switching (it becames a bass at some point, same instrument, different preset)
You can only switch instruments from the Standard MIDI (program change command), of course, DefleMask is NOT a standard MIDI parser, it's a FM Tracker. So, forgot this feature, instrument switching with custom operators, according to my tests, is impossible.

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2011, 04:46:00 PM »
However, I must try some other tests. I have discovered some other new interesting features about the YMU759.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 07:21:28 PM by Delek »