Chat

Author Topic: Chipifier - A PC-Engine wavetable ripper for Deflemask!  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Fragmare

• Delek FTW
Chipifier - A PC-Engine wavetable ripper for Deflemask!
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2017, 11:17:11 PM »
Something's wrong. I am converting waveforms I made in MilkyTracker. They are 32 samples. When I enter 48000 Hz or 41000 Hz, the program closes, and no wavetable is produced. Where do the wavetables go?

Is the waveform you are trying to drag onto the .BAT file in the same folder as the .BAT file?  Also, what is the format of the wave file you are dragging/dropping?

Yes, I pasted the waveform into the folder where the BAT file is, and I am using WAV format. Maybe I should try something other than Milkytracker for single cycle waveforms. Please give me the exact procedure so I can make sure I installed chipifier and SoX correctly.

Try opening a command prompt in that folder (shift + right click > open command window here).  Then type: chipify.bat "NAME_OF_YOUR_WAV_FILE.WAV" >> error.txt

This should leave the window up as the stuff scrolls by, so you can see what's going on.  It will also output all the command window text to error.txt.  Do that, and paste the contents of error.txt here

I can also tell you that if a wave file is smaller than 32 samples, the app might not like that.  If each of them are really tiny waves, maybe try opening them up in a wave editor and pasting them back to back a few times so it's a slightly bigger file... maybe that might help?

Offline ramen_oranges

• (haha haha yeah)
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2017, 07:21:37 AM »
Hey, sorry to bump this old topic, but does anyone think they could make DMW files from Air Zonk? I'd do it, but I unfortunately have no clue how to use this right.

Offline Michirin9801

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2017, 04:03:07 PM »
Hey, sorry to bump this old topic, but does anyone think they could make DMW files from Air Zonk? I'd do it, but I unfortunately have no clue how to use this right.
Look for Air Zonk's .hes file on Zophar's Domain, open it with NEZplug++, then click on the CH button to turn on and off channels (you'll want to mess with the HuC6230) and then click the DMP button, select DEV_HuC6230, and click on whatever channel you wanna rip instruments from, but note that whenever you click the channel it will rip whatever wavetable is currently playing on that channel!
You'll get 32 Hex values which form your wavetable, convert those values into Decimal, copy them in order into Deflemask and voila!! You've ripped a Wavetable!
It would be easier if Deflemask supported Hex waves and a "copy/paste wave" function, but as it stands you'll have to copy each value one by one...

Offline Pegmode

• Allergic to FM
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2017, 03:47:23 AM »
It would be easier if Deflemask supported Hex waves and a "copy/paste wave" function, but as it stands you'll have to copy each value one by one...

You have no idea how much pain the process of manually inputting wavetables has caused me. Normally I use keyboard macros to copy values over but Deflemask doesn't use standard MML wavetable strings and gets picky if you don't put a 0 in front of the single digit values.
Also deleting the old default values is a pain because you have to use the arrow key to move the cursor to the last sample then hold backspace to delete the old values, which takes a VERY long time. Having that box where you input the values act more like a normal text box where you can select all the values, delete them then copy a string in would be a life saver.

I've worked with the .dmw format before in my LSDJ Synth mod for deflemask so I might try and write a small tool to convert a text file to .dmw
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 09:36:50 PM by Pegmode »

Offline Michirin9801

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2017, 02:34:41 PM »
I've worked with the .dmw format before in my LSDJ Synth mod for deflemask so I might try and write a small too to convert a text file to .dmw
That would be nice

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2017, 01:00:53 PM »
I'm aware of this and I'm planning to add a standard OS textbox input instead of the current one. Actually the entire text input system of Defle will be replaced for a more standard form.

Offline Michirin9801

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2017, 03:23:49 PM »
I'm aware of this and I'm planning to add a standard OS textbox input instead of the current one. Actually the entire text input system of Defle will be replaced for a more standard form.
Yaaay~!!
But will it support hex waves too? I mean, couldn't there be a toggle to switch between hex and decimal wavetables?

Offline Fragmare

• Delek FTW
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2017, 10:17:32 PM »
Yaaay~!!
But will it support hex waves too? I mean, couldn't there be a toggle to switch between hex and decimal wavetables?

Yea, having some stuff in hex and other stuff in decimal is confusing.  Another example is when the wavetables are listed in hex format in the wavetable popup, but if you want to call a particular wavetable in the wave macro, you must specifiy it in... decimal?  O_o

Offline Michirin9801

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2017, 10:58:32 PM »
Yea, having some stuff in hex and other stuff in decimal is confusing.  Another example is when the wavetables are listed in hex format in the wavetable popup, but if you want to call a particular wavetable in the wave macro, you must specifiy it in... decimal?  O_o
I mostly just want to input waves in Hex because then it would be easier to rip waves from PCE games using NEZplug...

Offline Pegmode

• Allergic to FM
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2017, 11:35:21 PM »
I've worked with the .dmw format before in my LSDJ Synth mod for deflemask so I might try and write a small too to convert a text file to .dmw
That would be nice
Done http://www.deflemask.com/forum/general/deflewave-deflemask-wavetable-conversion-tool

Offline Fragmare

• Delek FTW
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2017, 11:37:31 PM »
Just a show of hands... does anybody else here besides myself actually USE this Chipifier app to any significant degree?  If so, I'll continue tweaking the .BAT file and uploading new versions.  Maybe it needs some better documentation or something...

Offline Michirin9801

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2017, 01:23:00 AM »
You know, I wanted to try it out, but I just never got around to it >w>';
The thing is that I don't really rip my wavetables from samples, I just kind of make my own whenever I'm not using waves ripped from proper PCE games...