Chat

Author Topic: DefleMask v0.12.1 pre-release  (Read 7150 times)

Offline RetrogamerFeminist

• I'm shitting a cow
    • Email
DefleMask v0.12.1 pre-release
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2017, 11:04:34 AM »
Will this tracker be compatible with Snes music ?  :)

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2017, 09:51:14 PM »
Maybe...

• I'm shitting a cow
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2017, 05:43:07 PM »
That should be fucking awesome because the only SNES tracker that exists sucks fucking hard !

Offline JetStar1997

• I like trains, planes, trucks, and retro games!
    • YouTube channel
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2017, 06:14:23 PM »
That should be f***ing awesome because the only SNES tracker that exists sucks f***ing hard !

I definitely agree with you, RetrogamerFeminist. SNESGSS is a pain in the rear to work with.
"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true is really true, there would be little hope of advance."
                                                           -Orville Wright

Offline Michirin9801

« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2017, 08:50:02 PM »
That should be f***ing awesome because the only SNES tracker that exists sucks f***ing hard !

I definitely agree with you, RetrogamerFeminist. SNESGSS is a pain in the rear to work with.

That's why I use OpenMPT instead, it's way better and more flexible than SNESGSS and if you use SNESMOD you can make a .spc file from an .it song from OpenMPT so long as it's smaller than 64k and has 8 channels or less (not particularly difficult to accomplish) and then SPC2ROM to convert it into an .smc ROM that you can play on an emulator or on a flash cart...
But Deflemask is a hundred billion times better than OpenMPT in every way so I also want it to support SNES so that I don't have to use OpenMPT anymore...

Offline JetStar1997

• I like trains, planes, trucks, and retro games!
    • YouTube channel
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2017, 04:27:35 PM »
That's why I use OpenMPT instead, it's way better and more flexible than SNESGSS and if you use SNESMOD you can make a .spc file from an .it song from OpenMPT so long as it's smaller than 64k and has 8 channels or less (not particularly difficult to accomplish) and then SPC2ROM to convert it into an .smc ROM that you can play on an emulator or on a flash cart...
But Deflemask is a hundred billion times better than OpenMPT in every way so I also want it to support SNES so that I don't have to use OpenMPT anymore...

I have used OpenMPT to make 3 SNES covers. Yeah, it's also a pain to work with, but I do consider it to be a bit better than SNESGSS. If Deflemask supported the SNES soundchip, then I could "port" my 3 SNES covers and make some more as well.
"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true is really true, there would be little hope of advance."
                                                           -Orville Wright

• I'm shitting a cow
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2017, 05:24:53 PM »
Apparently, the Pc Engine Can have up to 256 waves loaded in the RAM, but Deflemask's limit is 32

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2017, 12:27:44 PM »
Apparently, the Pc Engine Can have up to 256 waves loaded in the RAM, but Deflemask's limit is 32
This limit will be raised on the next release. Up to 128.