Chat

Author Topic: > DefleMask v0.12.0 RELEASED! <  (Read 139191 times)

Offline rob2612

• Delek FTW
> DefleMask v0.12.0 RELEASED! <
« Reply #510 on: July 11, 2016, 08:48:18 PM »
I downloaded the program today. I cannot even open the program on Windows 7 64-bit without it crashing. I even tried turning off "play_on_load" in the config file, to no avail. Upon creating the blank, white "GLFW Window" I immediately get the standard "Deflemask.exe has stopped working" dialog box. Any ideas?

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #511 on: July 11, 2016, 09:41:52 PM »
Hmmm I use W7 64bits, even defle is compiled there and it works just fine.

Just wondering, do you have any strange character to the defle.exe path? Did you try to run it as admin? Did you try to re-download and re-extract the whole content in a fresh folder?

Offline rob2612

• Delek FTW
« Reply #512 on: July 12, 2016, 01:18:02 AM »
Hmmm I use W7 64bits, even defle is compiled there and it works just fine.

Just wondering, do you have any strange character to the defle.exe path? Did you try to run it as admin? Did you try to re-download and re-extract the whole content in a fresh folder?

No strange characters in the path. I tried running it as admin. I tried it in compatibility mode. I re-downloaded it and tried extracting it with both WinRAR and 7-zip. It's still crashing upon startup, before the intro even gets to play. Any other ideas?

Offline 3noneTwo

« Reply #513 on: July 12, 2016, 02:37:56 AM »
It's been a while since I used W7 (on W10 myself), but: Right-click the downloaded .rar file and hit Properties. Does this appear at the bottom?

If so, try unblocking it and re-extracting.

Either way, share the crash info that appears with the "DefleMask has stopped working" dialog box. There should be something useful in there.

Offline rob2612

• Delek FTW
« Reply #514 on: July 12, 2016, 03:21:19 AM »
It's been a while since I used W7 (on W10 myself), but: Right-click the downloaded .rar file and hit Properties. Does this appear at the bottom?

If so, try unblocking it and re-extracting.

Either way, share the crash info that appears with the "DefleMask has stopped working" dialog box. There should be something useful in there.

OK, unblocking the .rar file did nothing. HOWEVER, I followed your advice and checked out the Windows crash info. I found out that my ATI graphics drivers needed to be updated! Problem solved. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, 3noneTwo!