Chat

Author Topic: > DefleMask v0.12.0 RELEASED! <  (Read 139190 times)

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
> DefleMask v0.12.0 RELEASED! <
« on: April 24, 2011, 10:17:27 PM »
DefleMask: A Multi-System Tracker!.

LATEST CHANGELOG AND DOWNLOAD LINK HERE!.

DefleMask is cross-platform tracker (runs on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux) for producing music for many soundchips and old school game-consoles/computers.
It is an awesome donationware that tries to give an end to the discussion "is this Chiptune?" from a new point of view: If it is made with DefleMask, it IS Chiptune. ;)
Every sound that comes from this tracker is obtained from pure register writes to the soundchips being emulated, and those sounds can be exported to the real hardware!

Supported soundchips so far:
YAMAHA YM2612 (with full support of Special CH3 mode)
Texas Instruments SN76489 PSG
Z80 Game Boy
Hudson Soft HuC6280
Ricoh 2A03
MOS Technology SID
YAMAHA YM2151
SEGA PCM

So you can make music for:
SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive
SEGA Master System
Nintendo Game Boy
NEC PC-Engine/TurboGrafx-16
Nintendo NES
Commodore 64
Arcade System (SEGA X/Y boards)

Please, read the manual before start using this software. The manual is uploaded on the web right here, but is also included with DefleMask.

deflemask.com

For changelogs, check the changelogs threads.

Regards.
Delek.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 03:58:11 PM by Delek »

JLF65

Download DefleMask
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 07:03:17 PM »
I saw your post on this at SpritesMind and came to check it out. It looks very nice... I'll have to install it on my laptop and play around with it. :)

freezedream

Download DefleMask
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 10:00:24 AM »
Hey! Great tracker, dude! Just started experimenting with it. I know people are excited about the upcoming YM2612 and PSG support but I'm more interested in getting some tunes going on a mobile phone. We'll see how I go - need to track down a cheap, compatible phone. :D

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
Download DefleMask
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 08:46:58 PM »
Excellent!, the mobile devices are amazing, and if you use the headphones output, you can obtain great basses from the YMU759!.

The most powerfull phone with the YAMAHA YMU759 FM soundchip is the Siemens SX1, it was developed in the time where the MP3 were not so popular (so it has a FM soundchip), where the Symbian OS was borning, and where the very first MMC memory type were used.
So, it is exactly in the middle of the two worlds, it is one of the first smartphones on the market, and the unique smartphone with a FM Synthesis soundchip, for that reason it is rare, but it's amazing.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 07:10:32 PM by Delek »

freezedream

Download DefleMask
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 02:23:56 AM »
Hi Delek, thanks a lot for that. The Siemens SX-1 looks great (apart from the odd button placement). I'll definitely be checking it out!

Xenmar

Download DefleMask
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 06:51:50 PM »
I have a question because ive been listening to some of the stuff done with it in the past as demo's and im not hearing any problems with it on your examples. First let me say, the genesis support is amazing so far! Smooth, Responsive, and Sounding majorly accurate unlike most chip emulation trackers. You have yourself a real beauty. Im having a slight problem actually with the YMU759, the main chip.... well..ok a major problem ^^;. All of the instruments sounds garbled, even the startup music for the tracker interface. Generally in most trackers i just turn the buffer up a smidge and everything sounds fine an dandy, but you cant do this with the YMU759 integration. The sound on it for me is garbled heavily, and seems to repeat itself almost as if using release and constant delay filtering with heavy distortion. Also i seem to be having a slight problem with the SN76489 though that one could be my fault entirely, it seems that DefleMask stops responding to the Play Song and Play Pattern buttons the second i use the special noise FX modifier. Not sure if everyone has these problems but i figure itd be worth a shot to post them up and hopefully have them fix, i love FM synthesizers and im nowhere near new to the YM2612, i love the beautiful growl the Genny can make.

(also not sure if this is where it goes, but if now may you move it :) sorry new to this forum format, also once everythings fixed ill be putting up instruments for use if anyones intrested)

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
Download DefleMask
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 08:06:54 PM »
Hi Xenmar and welcome to the forum!. Thanks for your comments about DefleMask, I appreciate its so much!.

About your bug-founds, all what you said is correct.
The YMU759 emulator works right on almost all PCs, but on PCs with Windows Vista and some specific sound hardware, there's latency everywhere (it is explained in the manual). Could you, please, tell us what SO are you using?.
Because the emulator of the YMU759 is closed source, I cannot figure out how to change the buffer's size, at the moment.

About the FREEZE of Play Song/Play Pattern, it's the unique bug that remains to solve before launching the 3.6 version!, all of the information is useful, because I cannot figure out when the error appears or not. Thanks for your info about using the SMS and the special noise effect, I will check if the problem is living there.

About posting instruments, GO ON!, nice idea!. :D

Best regards!, Delek.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 08:13:10 PM by Delek »

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
Download DefleMask
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 08:21:06 PM »
Well, I checked the special noise mode effect and worked fine. Maybe the freeze bug was caused by the pattern matrix; if you select the lastest patterns frame on the pattern matrix and you delete that frame, then you cannot press play till you re-select a correct frame in the pattern matrix. This was solved, checking when you delete some frame of the pattern matrix and move the selected one if it is inexistent.
That was the real bug or is another?, I'm confused.

Xenmar

Download DefleMask
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 02:07:57 AM »
Im afraid i do have the dreaded Vista OS  64 bit ^^; , it seems i missed that. Its a rather shame, the tracker interface is wonderful and very easy to use ! Im hoping someday this compatibility bug can be fixed but as they say all awesome things in time, so far im just impressed by the tracker itself. Im going to be downloading the bug fixed version and see whats going on with the pattern glitch im experiencing with it. Ill post my report up here later so cross the fingers.

Edit: Well um....i downloaded the new version...needless to say on startup it crashed. Didnt even get the main menu screen ^^;
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 02:24:50 AM by Xenmar »

Offline kinkinkijkin

• Delek FTW
Download DefleMask
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 04:05:17 AM »
I find deflemask quite nice, delek, it is just, I cannot seem to access the instrument editor anymore. How would I go about doing this now in version 3.6?

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
Download DefleMask
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 12:09:34 PM »
Im afraid i do have the dreaded Vista OS  64 bit ^^; , it seems i missed that. Its a rather shame, the tracker interface is wonderful and very easy to use ! Im hoping someday this compatibility bug can be fixed but as they say all awesome things in time, so far im just impressed by the tracker itself. Im going to be downloading the bug fixed version and see whats going on with the pattern glitch im experiencing with it. Ill post my report up here later so cross the fingers.

Edit: Well um....i downloaded the new version...needless to say on startup it crashed. Didnt even get the main menu screen ^^;
Did you uninstalled previous DefleMask version?, it crashed before startup screen or after?, did you heard the new startup tune?.

I find deflemask quite nice, delek, it is just, I cannot seem to access the instrument editor anymore. How would I go about doing this now in version 3.6?
With F1 key, check out "Controls" inside DefleMask's Manual for more information. :D

Xenmar

Download DefleMask
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 01:38:56 PM »
Yup uninstalled the old and then installed the new. Before Start up screen im afraid ^^; it wont start, says this program has stopped working and then kaputs, no new startup tune either

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
Download DefleMask
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 03:31:00 PM »
Weird... I will check if that crash is happening on Windows 7 too, if the crash is only happening on Windows Vista Im afraid that I cannot solve the problem in an intuitive way. :(

Offline Demick12

• Sealed for freshness past the expiration date...
    • Email
Download DefleMask
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 03:41:16 PM »
Note: I have posted a replacement startup tune in the New Intro Thread. The one with the program is based on the way the old beta did speed control and pitches. I recommend downloading the new one.
I am not insain, I have just been evilly reprogrammed. -Cyber-Lip

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
Download DefleMask
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2011, 04:44:11 PM »
Nice!, thanks.