Chat

Author Topic: > DefleMask v0.12.0 RELEASED! <  (Read 197844 times)

FlashingYoshi

> DefleMask 10 pre-release -FEEDBACK, PLEASE- <
« Reply #150 on: January 14, 2015, 01:43:26 pm »
SuperNSF.  I've personally modified a version of it to use MMC5 8-bit PCM. 
=O

animalstyle

« Reply #151 on: January 15, 2015, 03:55:50 pm »
Hey - thanks for listening to my suggestion about Genesis volume envelopes!  I'll check this out during the week.

appurukid

« Reply #152 on: January 15, 2015, 05:11:51 pm »
I observed that with certain instruments in YM2612, using the delay command along with the volume column is not possible. The delay command will disable the volume column. Is this behaviour intended or am I overseeing something?

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #153 on: January 15, 2015, 06:29:19 pm »
.dmf example please?, if this only happens with "SOME INSTRUMENTS" it is likely to be an FM behavior.

appurukid

« Reply #154 on: January 15, 2015, 06:42:34 pm »
There you go!  :)

Offline NARFNra

• Email
« Reply #155 on: January 15, 2015, 06:56:02 pm »
I've ran into some oddities I'm not sure how to replicate on Linux: Basically, when stopping playback, sometimes the patterns just disappear and leave the background. Pressing a key again or pressing play and pausing again fixes it, but it's pretty weird. I haven't tested this on any system other than the Genesis yet, mind you.

Also, I'm running into some issues with the behavior of the scroll bars; for one thing, I have a small screen, so the "Open" button when a file dialogue is up appears over the scroll bar and the scroll bar takes precedence. I have to click the sides of the button rather than the center; doesn't prevent me from doing things, but kind of annoying.

Would it be possible to make the scroll bars toggleable as an option? I like them in some situations, but this kinda messes with my workflow.

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #156 on: January 15, 2015, 07:27:57 pm »
I will look around to fix those issues and update the builds. Thanks for the reports rappurukid and NARFNra!

Brallieman

« Reply #157 on: January 16, 2015, 09:29:41 pm »
Testing a bit more... and tried to open some instruments (genesis) but I couldn't get all the way down in the file list... Is there a maximum file-count?

The are 294 instruments in that folder... Only 38 can be selected...

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #158 on: January 16, 2015, 09:57:34 pm »
Ok guys, so:
The delay command will disable the volume column. Is this behaviour intended or am I overseeing something?
FIXED
I've ran into some oddities I'm not sure how to replicate on Linux: Basically, when stopping playback, sometimes the patterns just disappear and leave the background.
FIXED
Also, I'm running into some issues with the behavior of the scroll bars; for one thing, I have a small screen, so the "Open" button when a file dialogue is up appears over the scroll bar and the scroll bar takes precedence. I have to click the sides of the button rather than the center; doesn't prevent me from doing things, but kind of annoying.
FIXED
The are 294 instruments in that folder... Only 38 can be selected...
The max is 255, however, showing 38 was an overflow bug, and I added also a warning if this limit is reached (it will only show 255 MAX). It is FIXED too.
The max file limit can be expanded in future versions.

Please Re-Download the pre-release and test it out.

Offline Heavy Viper

« Reply #159 on: January 17, 2015, 05:52:56 am »
When composing for Genesis, I've found that if I change an instruments' parameters using the mouse wheel (rather than clicking and dragging the sliders) when playing a note, the sound won't change until you release the note and trigger it again.  It's a small thing, but the mouse wheel comes in handy for small adjustments.

Also, if I hold a key down in YMU759 mode, the selected instrument re-triggers rapidly instead of sustaining, like it's responding to the keyboard repeat rate. Is it like this by design? I wasn't sure since it seems to be the only system that shows this behaviour.

EDIT: Sorry, false alarm. Found the sustain checkbox. :S
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 06:02:33 am by Heavy Viper »

Offline Demick12

• Enemy Of The Warring States
    • Email
« Reply #160 on: January 18, 2015, 08:19:56 pm »
Hi. I have tried the updated Windows release (the most recent update, that is, that has scrollbars - thank you for this!).

One problem: where the mouse interacts with the patterns has now got a weird strobe effect which may and will cause undesired highlight effects. It gets better as you scroll down, though. I, however, would venture to guess that this is an unintentional thing and can prove to be really annoying in the future.

That being said. I am very surprised at myself that I didn't pick up on the whole lack of scrollbar thing... Oh well. Someone else seemed to have read my mind anyway. It's a very needed nice touch, dude. 8)
Brains:
MAX 330 MEGA
PRO GEAR SPEC

Body:
STRETCH ARMSTRONG

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #161 on: January 18, 2015, 08:22:50 pm »
Thanks for the response Demick. About that strobe effect, what do you mean? I really don't get any strange behavior while using the mouse in the patterns.

Offline Demick12

• Email
« Reply #162 on: January 18, 2015, 09:55:42 pm »
When you hover over with the mouse, it normally is supposed to highlight the part of the pattern that's underneath the mouse cursor. Instead, it seems like with the scrollbars added (on all emulations except the YMAF) the mouse hover can't tell if the area scrolled or not. Basically, it seems to be trying to highlighting two places at once in an interleaved fashion. The more "up" the scroll bar is the worse the effect gets, but the lower the scroll bar is the less the effect happens to the point of disappearing altogether when almost or all the way scrolled down.

Also, if this helps, I have an NVIDIA GTX 260 running dual monitors. I have added this information seeing as it may just be a behavior with just my current setup.
Brains:
MAX 330 MEGA
PRO GEAR SPEC

Body:
STRETCH ARMSTRONG

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #163 on: January 18, 2015, 10:13:55 pm »
I'm not having that visual issue. Could you please record a video?, strange...

Offline Demick12

• Email
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 03:53:36 am by Demick12 »
Brains:
MAX 330 MEGA
PRO GEAR SPEC

Body:
STRETCH ARMSTRONG