Chat

Author Topic: > DefleMask v0.12.0 RELEASED! <  (Read 198097 times)

Offline raphaelgoulart

• Brazilian amateur chiptuner.
    • My YouTube account
    • Email
> DefleMask 10 pre-release -FEEDBACK, PLEASE- <
« Reply #180 on: January 20, 2015, 06:46:15 pm »
also the arpeggio macro retriggers the volume envelope which can be really bothersome if it loops, and will sound very very odd - specially on the noise channel
that on the game boy system

Offline Bp103

• 3.579545*4
    • my utube
« Reply #181 on: January 20, 2015, 06:48:18 pm »
@raphaelgoulart I thought I recognized you, you did that awesome Esporte Espetacular chiptune remix.  ;D

But I have to say that I also really miss the volume macros on gb. I can fake it with 16 different instruments with 0 to 15 volumes but that just feels dirty.

Offline raphaelgoulart

• My YouTube account
    • Email
« Reply #182 on: January 20, 2015, 06:56:29 pm »
haha thanks man ^-^
btw i just found another bug, that on the c64 (both 6581 and 8580)
i dont really know how to explain but the pitch slide doesnt work correctly on this song http://battleofthebits.org/arena/Entry/la+bruja+mala/13781/
(hit Donload to get the .dmf, get the .mp3 if you want to listen to how its supposed to sound) its on the frame 0E (A-A-8), channels 1 and 2
also when swapping from one system to another (most notably c64 6581 to c64 8580, which is the only change that would actually make sense), the extra effect columns disappear, which results on an inaccurate playback of the song
the data is still there though but it might confuse some people

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #183 on: January 20, 2015, 07:59:31 pm »
I will look at that bugs, raphael. Thanks. Also to the re-trigger thing in the Game Boy arpeggio macro is fixed now. I will update the builds in a few hours.
But I have to say that I also really miss the volume macros on gb. I can fake it with 16 different instruments with 0 to 15 volumes but that just feels dirty.
YOU HAVE VOLUME ENVELOPES!, you are not using them on that track. Check the attachment.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 08:20:01 pm by Delek »

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #184 on: January 20, 2015, 09:36:17 pm »
Ok guys, builds updated with those bugs fixed. Also I changed how the arpeggio is done on Game Boy, now it do not reset the envelope!, thanks for reporting.

Offline raphaelgoulart

• My YouTube account
    • Email
« Reply #185 on: January 21, 2015, 09:17:55 am »
edit: the ctrl+f3 and ctrl+f4 to change a note's octave isn't listed on the manual. (i was suggesting that based on the manual but when i checked the keys option i saw it there)
another suggestion: i wanna be able to have ctrl+shift+(character) as a shortcut
maybe checkboxes to each key you want to press?
like (x)ctrl + (x)shift + Q - increase selected octaves (the custom shortcut i want)
like (x)ctrl + ( )shift + F4 - increase selected octaves (the original shortcut)
also, if you dont mind the question, why isnt there a .hes export for the pce?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 09:51:24 am by raphaelgoulart »

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #186 on: January 21, 2015, 09:32:03 am »
the ctrl+f3 and ctrl+4 to change a note's octave isn't listed on the manual
Thanks for pointing this out.
another suggestion: i wanna be able to have ctrl+shift+(character) as a shortcut
I will analyze the possibility of adding this if it isn't too complicated.
why isnt there a .hes export for the pce?
I don't have the necessary hardware to develop a ROM builder and test it. Btw, someone have a PC-Engine with a flashcart?

Offline raphaelgoulart

• My YouTube account
    • Email
« Reply #187 on: January 21, 2015, 09:41:25 am »
oh yeah another 2 suggestions:
the ability to copy/paste macros from deflemask, with support to other programs - like copying a macro from deflemask to notepad, or copying a macro from famitracker to deflemask.
why dont you create a thread about this update on battleofthebits? they have lots of people who'd probably be willing to help as well :D maybe someone even has a pc-engine with a flashcart, available for testing, who knows ;)

and i'd like to emphasize once again on the importance of an improved/optimized .sid export - a friend of mine (lucki_vibrato) said he wasn't able to convert his song to .sid - since i dont have the .dmf im not gonna be able to give it to you, but yeah, right now this is just a heads up. (when possible i'll ask him for the dmf though)

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #188 on: January 21, 2015, 12:00:06 pm »
- About battleofthebits and other forums, I will start to create lots of threads in other forums only when the build reach public state; I really want people to come here to see what's new rather than spam all over the place only for pre-releases. Why don't you invite them here?

- The .sid export will be optimized for sure, not for this release however, but I'm working on it. The .dmf specs are public, so, anybody technically could write a dmf2sid app if the current one don't fit his needs. I would love to include another SID exporter from an external SID-expert-optimizeman-developer.

Offline DevEd

• Not to be confused with Delek
« Reply #189 on: January 21, 2015, 12:02:53 pm »
Anoter Game Boy bug: Changing instruments mid-note works in Deflemask, but not on hardware or GBS export. Attached is an example.

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #190 on: January 21, 2015, 12:26:06 pm »
Did you test this ON hardware?

gotoandplay

« Reply #191 on: January 21, 2015, 02:22:18 pm »
I have a game boy dmf that has pattern breaks (see last couple of patterns or so), which the tracker plays through fine, but the gb export ignores them.

It's unfinished, but it's for winter chip (botb)

Offline DevEd

• Not to be confused with Delek
« Reply #192 on: January 21, 2015, 04:46:17 pm »
Did you test this ON hardware?
I don't have the necessary tools to test it on hardware.

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #193 on: January 21, 2015, 08:07:21 pm »
I have a game boy dmf that has pattern breaks (see last couple of patterns or so), which the tracker plays through fine, but the gb export ignores them.

It's unfinished, but it's for winter chip (botb)

Thanks for reporting this.

rainwarrior

« Reply #194 on: January 27, 2015, 06:25:40 pm »
Tried it a bit today, here's a few things I'd suggest:

1. Please disable editing when opening the save dialog! Every time I go to save, I end up overwriting part of my track and having to go back and fix it!
2. The keys in the options say "Ctrl +" even though you don't have to press Ctrl. If you try to use CTRL to set a key, it will take the CTRL as your keypress and say Ctrl + LEFT_CTRL, which is even weirder.
3. Key options should save to default.ini on quit. All other options in the program save on quit, so it's strange that key settings don't save (unless you manually overwrite default.ini).
4. Default genesis instrument is better, but DT should be 0, not -3, so that the default instrument is in tune.
5. I would recommend a higher default buffer size than 512. I was getting constant clicking during playback until I realized what was happening. This isn't a live performance program, and even a 4096 buffer doesn't have much of a delay; less people would have problems if the default was higher than 512.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 06:28:21 pm by rainwarrior »