Chat

Author Topic: > DefleMask v0.12.0 RELEASED! <  (Read 195801 times)

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
> DefleMask 10 pre-release -FEEDBACK, PLEASE- <
« Reply #270 on: March 12, 2015, 09:01:34 pm »
In_he2 plays them fine.

Offline djmaximum

• Email
« Reply #271 on: March 12, 2015, 09:52:51 pm »
GBS playback is working flawlessly on all available players, and it even survived a terrifying 999 hz test, which is grate.
The NES is just pretending to do custom refresh rates at a fixed 60 hz, therefor in the resulting NSF it will skip frames instead.
I also have an example of how PCM playback should be achieved for HES output.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 01:56:54 am by djmaximum »
Other places where you can find my music.
my chiptune up
my chipmusic
my BOTB

Offline UltrasonicMadness

• My Website
« Reply #272 on: March 14, 2015, 11:57:22 pm »
I tried the new HES export feature and DefleMask crashes after exporting, much the same as when it used to crash after WAV export. The resulting HES file seems to be exported successfully, although it only seems to play properly in Mednafen (Audacious plays notes for ~10 seconds each), and even then, PCM playback can be problematic, particularly in "i_had_to.hes" in which noise is played instead of samples, and "cutman_by_spoonybard.hes" in which PCM playback stops after a loop. "bombman_by_spoonybard.hes" was fine.

Link to SpoonyBard's original post with the original DMF files:
http://www.delek.com.ar/forum/show-off-your-work/%28genesis%29-super-mario-bros-overworld/msg1934/?topicseen#msg1934

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #273 on: March 15, 2015, 12:02:40 am »
Please post a dmf where DefleMask crashes while exporting the .hes file.

About those playback bugs, I will look at them. Thanks.

• My Website
« Reply #274 on: March 15, 2015, 08:46:04 pm »
It crashes when exporting any DMF I try to export to HES, including the ones I linked to.

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #275 on: March 15, 2015, 10:18:16 pm »
Weird, on my PC it is not crashing. You're on Windows?, this happens only on all systems rom exporting?

Offline DevEd

• Not to be confused with Delek
« Reply #276 on: March 16, 2015, 12:02:15 pm »
So...

HES exporting seems to work fine for me (a Mac user). There is only one problem... Exported HESeses (or whatever the plural of HES is) do not work in Audio Overload. This is a big problem, since Audio Overload is currently the only HES player I have access to.

On that note, exported NSFs don't play properly in Audio Overload. The triangle channel is the main problem. It seems to only work when it feels like it. Attached is a few DMFs, as well as the respective NSFs and a recording of each NSF from Audio Overload.

In case you don't have Audio Overload handy, it's here.

• My Website
« Reply #277 on: March 16, 2015, 10:31:39 pm »
I'm using Linux, specifically Fedora.

Mega Drive BIN Export (tested with littlelamp100's Silver Surfer 2 remix): Seems to work fine as before. The exported file sounds a bit different from DefleMask, but I think it could be emulatotion issues (testing with Mednafen).

Commodore 64 SID export (tested with Rael 64): Crashes DefleMask after export, resulting file seems to have exported successfully, although the bass sounds different (no filtering) when played in Audacious.

SMS Rom export (tested with the Shantae remix in the Demo songs folder): Doesn't crash DefleMask, shows black screen when I try to load it in Mednafen, other files in the Demo Outputs folder work as expected. Again, could be emulation issues.

NES NSF export (tested with jrlepage's edition of Ares64's cover of Yu-Gi-Oh): Crashes DefleMask, exported file plays fine in Mednafen, except when it doesn't (see edit below).

Game Boy Rom export (tested with DevEd's remix of Dire Dire Docks): Crashes DefleMask, exported file plays fine in Mednafen.

Game Boy GBS export (tested with Dire Dire Docks again): Crashes DefleMask, exported file works as expected in Audacious.

EDIT: I can confirm that the same problem with the triangle channel occurs when played in Mednafen.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 10:36:34 pm by UltrasonicMadness »

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #278 on: March 20, 2015, 09:30:33 pm »
Ok, so let's first focus in that crash thing. I think I've fixed it, please GET THE NEW PRE-RELEASE.

Offline DevEd

• Not to be confused with Delek
« Reply #279 on: March 20, 2015, 09:58:06 pm »
SMS Rom export (tested with the Shantae remix in the Demo songs folder): Doesn't crash DefleMask, shows black screen when I try to load it in Mednafen, other files in the Demo Outputs folder work as expected. Again, could be emulation issues.

The SMS hardware player works fine in Kega Fusion. The way I see it, Mednafen is the VisualBoyAdvance of SMS/GG emulation. In other words, some things just don't work in Mednafen. (Although Kega Fusion isn't perfect either...)

Also, I might add that the demo module you used is incomplete. Dunno if I'll ever finish it, though...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 10:03:56 pm by DevEd »

• My Website
« Reply #280 on: March 21, 2015, 01:04:15 pm »
I know. I have to use FCEUX to play the Donkey Kong Country 4 bootleg, as Mednafen doesn't support the required mappers.
No emulator is perfect, which is why I made sure to highlight that I wasn't using real hardware.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 01:24:47 pm by UltrasonicMadness »

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #281 on: March 21, 2015, 02:11:33 pm »
I know. I have to use FCEUX to play the Donkey Kong Country 4 bootleg, as Mednafen doesn't support the required mappers.
No emulator is perfect, which is why I made sure to highlight that I wasn't using real hardware.
Did you test the last build?, the crash is fixed?

• My Website
« Reply #282 on: March 21, 2015, 09:37:15 pm »
No, it still crashes. The resulting HES file (from SpoonyBard's Fire Man.dmf) also has irregularities, as it refuses to play in Audacious, and upon looping in Mednafen, every instrument starts to use the same waveform.

There's a chance that it could be a problem with my setup, but I don't have the time to reinstall at the moment (hopefully I will when Fedora 22 comes out).
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 09:41:19 pm by UltrasonicMadness »

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #283 on: March 22, 2015, 02:22:13 pm »
It was not your setup. The bug was detected and fixed by MJS. I tested it on my own Linux distro. Please confirm this after downloading the THE NEW PRE-RELEASE.
Thanks for the report.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 02:29:49 pm by Delek »

Glaceon

« Reply #284 on: March 24, 2015, 12:00:08 pm »
The SMS rombuilder finally works perfectly regarding audio!! Just played an own tune on a pal sms with an everdrive cart =) Graphics of the rom look totally garbled, actually not quite present overall, but hey the chip plays the music in real time at the right speed and everything! this is a good day now =) props!

edit:
seems like i was happy too early - seems like bigger songs won't load =O and by big i mean not that big.. hmmmm
is there a filesize of the resulting .sms file which i should not exceed ? file with 33kb worked, file with 37 didn't.. on the other hand there were 2 files with 38kb that worked! i'm confused now, please help =) if needed, i can upload the module files or send them privately~

edit2:
animeopening works, hexaprism hall doesn't! ice fields work, happy ending and master tracker won't =O i can't see the logic behind that haha =))
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 12:49:40 pm by Glaceon »