Chat

Author Topic: > DefleMask v0.12.0 RELEASED! <  (Read 195760 times)

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
> DefleMask 10 pre-release -FEEDBACK, PLEASE- <
« Reply #285 on: March 24, 2015, 03:58:57 pm »
DefleMask uses http://www.smspower.org/maxim/SMSSoftware/VGMPlayer. This player gets a .vgm file that is combined with the rom file. I really never test it on the actual hardware.
According to the readme file:
- VGM size is limited to 3.95MB...

Glaceon

« Reply #286 on: March 24, 2015, 05:42:40 pm »
Thank You for the quick reply, i will look into it further asap and share the results here =) probably something with the vgm version or whatever.. =))

edit:
it seems that the problem is the filesize! do You know a way to round up (or round down l0l) the filesize ? i saw similiar stuff for super metroid hacks, like an ips patch that automatically enlarges a rom to 4mb.. is there some ultraneat sms-haxx0r cmd program like snestools? where You can change headers on the fly, install patches (before there was lunar ips l0l) etc.. =) the only thing to 'pad file sizes' i found, is this:

http://www.smspower.org/forums/8176-DevelopingSegaMasterSystemROMsInC

will look into it when at home, since the files won't open in a 64bit environment.. gonna do that on the old win2k machine :D

edit:

from the vgmplay readme:

- Some emulators (Massage, BrSMS, Dega) will not work properly with files
  smaller than 48KB, because they do not handle paging for them. You get either
  the "No VGM file" screen or nothing at all. Pad your file to make it work.
  Update: I've changed some stuff to make them work a bit better, but you still
  get junk in the GD3 section.
- Some emulators (Massage, BrSMS) do not handle files which are not multiples of
  16KB properly.

it's exactly the problems i had - black screen, or error message inside of the program! guess the file padding will solve it all =)
btw i test it on 3 systems - unmodded pal sms, unmodded pal gamegear with converter (master gear converter), unmodded pal mega drive with converter (official master system converter)
game gear bitches the most :D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 07:04:34 pm by Glaceon »

Offline NARFNra

• Email
« Reply #287 on: March 26, 2015, 02:52:42 am »
Sorry for asking another question that might be due to hardware, but is it possible to control the volume of a note on the NES while it's tremoloing? Even when the envelope volume should be 0, it seems to keep going in same cases...

EDIT: Example: Just use the default instrument with a Tremolo of any size, it'll keep tremoloing forever... is this a limitation of the engine?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 02:56:01 am by NARFNra »

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #288 on: March 28, 2015, 02:45:19 pm »
Yes, you can. To stop the tremolo you have to set effect Tremolo 7xx to zero. (7 00) Changing the volume while tremoling can be achieved with a volume macro.
Check the attachment.

nvnv-sunny

« Reply #289 on: March 30, 2015, 11:37:02 am »
Great Job,thanks. I am hoping import VGM files function in next ver.

Offline NARFNra

• Email
« Reply #290 on: March 31, 2015, 10:41:51 pm »
Some Linux weirdness; when using the game boy wavetable function (and also just loading game boy files actually) I've noticed that trying to create folders isn't working. And when I make folders in the game boy folders to get around this, once I've gone in DefleMask doesn't display the "..." to let me get out of the folder. Not exactly sure what's going on.

Offline InversePhase

• Delek FTW
« Reply #291 on: April 04, 2015, 12:15:21 am »
Saw this mentioned a few years ago but no recent mention. I am using the latest Linux beta on Ubuntu Linux and I would really like alphabetical sorting of files.

Offline SpoonyBard

• Global Moderator
  • Music's in my name!
    • Email
« Reply #292 on: April 08, 2015, 04:18:03 pm »
3 little kinks I keep running into:
1. I've noticed that when you change the number in the pattern editor, on any platform, the position jumps to the bottom of the pattern.
2. At times I click on a row only for the rest of the pattern below it to be selected, and no matter how many times I try, the same thing happens.
3. Sometimes when I click on the pattern scroll bar, the program stops, and the only way to get past it is by using the mouse wheel to scroll it.
If you could work out these little kinks that would be great! Thanks!
Music truly is without age.

Offline InversePhase

• Delek FTW
« Reply #293 on: April 10, 2015, 07:21:35 pm »
There seems to be an issue or two with looping. I can reliably crash Deflemask 10 by pressing the enter key to stop playback at the end of the song right when it's about to loop. Other times, the song just stops at the end and does not loop at all. I have to start and stop the song to kill notes and keep working.

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #294 on: April 10, 2015, 08:33:27 pm »
I can't replicate that one. That's happening with all Systems?

Offline InversePhase

• Delek FTW
« Reply #295 on: April 10, 2015, 08:37:09 pm »
Right now I'm using Genesis, but I'm pretty sure I've experienced it with others. Go to the last pattern, press Enter to play, and at the verrrrrrrrry end of the pattern press Enter again to stop at the end. I've had 3-4 crashes today and lost a lot of work. =\

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #296 on: April 10, 2015, 09:14:00 pm »
Remember that you have the backup.dmf file with the last module played!

Offline NARFNra

• Email
« Reply #297 on: April 13, 2015, 01:53:06 am »
I've also run into the loop crash issue.
Anyway, this is another one that might just be my naivety with the NES... but using the E5 command in sequence doesn't work on the second Pulse Channel, it makes the note cut off immediately.

Offline InversePhase

• Delek FTW
« Reply #298 on: April 13, 2015, 11:44:55 pm »
Remember that you have the backup.dmf file with the last module played!
good point! however, can you improve the backup feature? the main (and probably easiest) improvement I can think of is: don't write a backup.dmf if you play an empty module

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #299 on: April 14, 2015, 12:57:43 am »
Nice, so I'm really worried about that crash that seems to be unreproductible here on my setup. Could you please make a very short tune (maybe with 3 rows) that loops and crash often or something like that?