Chat

Author Topic: > DefleMask v0.12.0 RELEASED! <  (Read 195804 times)

Offline InversePhase

• Delek FTW
> DefleMask 10 pre-release -FEEDBACK, PLEASE- <
« Reply #300 on: April 14, 2015, 01:54:37 am »
Nice, so I'm really worried about that crash that seems to be unreproductible here on my setup. Could you please make a very short tune (maybe with 3 rows) that loops and crash often or something like that?
ok. I'll make a video too, if it helps!

Offline Heavy Viper

« Reply #301 on: April 16, 2015, 08:54:39 am »
I think I might have broken the SMS module. A fairly long track I've been working on (just passed 130 32-row patterns) has started crashing Deflemask whenever I try to play it, even after loading the back-up. The first few patterns of the song have been overwritten with some random sections, too.

I've attached a copy of the back-up file. I should note it was made using an older pre-release build, and the latest build crashes when I try to load this file.

EDIT: Should also note I'm using the Windows build.
EDIT2: I just opened up the file in the older build I was working with, and after some tinkering I found that it crashes on playback once I have more than 128 32-row patterns in the song file.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 12:05:28 pm by Heavy Viper »

Offline DevEd

• Not to be confused with Delek
« Reply #302 on: April 16, 2015, 11:48:00 am »
Cannot reproduce. It plays fine on my end without crashing.

(I should note that I am using the Mac build.)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 11:59:06 am by DevEd »

Offline NARFNra

• Email
« Reply #303 on: April 16, 2015, 01:37:08 pm »
Crashes on load for me using the 3/22/15 Linux build.

Offline DevEd

• Not to be confused with Delek
« Reply #304 on: April 16, 2015, 08:30:26 pm »
Related bug: Editing the pattern order on that module causes some interesting behavior. Doing so has a tendency to A) jump to random patterns and B) if you're changing the pattern order of the second channel, it changes the first channel instead.

PRONOOBTIP: Don't use 8-bit signed intergers if the number being stored cannot actually be negative.

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #305 on: April 16, 2015, 09:36:27 pm »
It crash on my Windows setup too, this is good because I can work in a solution faster. Thanks a lot for the file, it will be very useful while debugging the cause. :)

Offline NARFNra

• Email
« Reply #306 on: April 16, 2015, 11:37:19 pm »
Are note offs supposed to stop Arps on the NES Triangle channel? Not that this isn't easily worked around, but I thought I'd ask.

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #307 on: April 18, 2015, 02:02:26 pm »
I've also run into the loop crash issue.
Anyway, this is another one that might just be my naivety with the NES... but using the E5 command in sequence doesn't work on the second Pulse Channel, it makes the note cut off immediately.
Fixed too.

I think I might have broken the SMS module. A fairly long track I've been working on (just passed 130 32-row patterns) has started crashing Deflemask whenever I try to play it
The point is: How you managed to get more than 128 patterns?, the max number of patterns in DefleMask is 128 so it is not strange to crash the software if you force it to pass that limit.
I can't replicate the way that you used to avoid the 128 limit. Could you please explain the way that you add new patterns?

EDIT: I found it, every way of adding new patterns checks for the max of 128 except the button doble "\/" in the pattern matrix (Clone -> to bottom). That was the problem. I will fix this asap.

I will update the build soon. About that "before looping" crash, I will need some more information about how to reproduce it! The loop is done using a B00 effect?, it has "repeat" checkbox ticked?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 03:24:46 pm by Delek »

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #308 on: April 18, 2015, 04:12:05 pm »
So guys, a new pre-release is here:

Alphabetical sorting on Linux of files lists!!
Fixed a bug with the fine tunning command in some channels repoted by NARFNra.
A backup file will be automatically created only when there's a new change in the module, requested by InversePhase.
Fixed a bug related to exceed the max patterns limit of 128, reported by Heavy Viper.

GET THE NEW PRE-RELEASE
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 04:31:34 pm by Delek »

Offline Heavy Viper

« Reply #309 on: April 19, 2015, 05:50:39 am »
EDIT: I found it, every way of adding new patterns checks for the max of 128 except the button doble "\/" in the pattern matrix (Clone -> to bottom). That was the problem. I will fix this asap.

Interesting! I tend to lay out the body of my track before I really start tweaking things, so yeah, I make pretty heavy use of that "Clone to bottom" button. Glad I could help, anyway. Looks like I have a lot of cut and pasting to do...

Also, I wasn't aware Deflemask had a 128 pattern limit! It might be a good idea to note that in the manual.

EDIT: I found something else! (Using the latest Windows build posted just above) The "Create Folder" button doesn't seem to work in the "Save Ins" dialog box. I can use it to make folders in all the other Save/Load dialog boxes, but not in the "Save Ins" one.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 06:16:44 am by Heavy Viper »

Offline InversePhase

• Delek FTW
« Reply #310 on: April 22, 2015, 02:37:33 am »
not that you need confirmation, but alphabetical sorting works - thanks for implementing that!
have not tested backup - will soon.
the new prerelease still crashes on me when trying to stop at the end of a pattern, I'm still trying to figure out how to recreate the situation it happens in and provide useful feedback.

Offline NARFNra

• Email
« Reply #311 on: April 22, 2015, 02:50:38 am »
Hey Heavy Viper, I've got a question; When using the save ins dialog box, if you make a directory in another program and then go into it, does the "..." button to leave the directory appear for you? I have the same problem with the create folder button not working and that happens for me, so I thought I'd ask if they're the same bug.

Offline Heavy Viper

« Reply #312 on: April 22, 2015, 06:21:48 am »
When using the save ins dialog box, if you make a directory in another program and then go into it, does the "..." button to leave the directory appear for you?

Yeah, if I make a folder in an "Instruments > *SYSTEM*" directory in Windows, I can get in and out of it with the ".." item with no issues. Just the Create Folder button in that particular dialog box (Save Ins) isn't working.

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #313 on: April 22, 2015, 10:56:55 am »
I will fix that little bug ASAP. Thanks for the report.

Offline UltrasonicMadness

• My Website
« Reply #314 on: April 25, 2015, 08:27:28 pm »
New (possible) bug report:

There are very audible differences between audio playback in DefleMask and many other media players I have tested (VLC, NEZPlay++, mednafen). In frame 03, there are 3 notes played very quickly in succession, as well as an instrument change which sounds okay in DefleMask but (near) inaudible in the exported file (although NEZPlay++ seems to play it fine on the first loop).

The noise channel is also louder in DefleMask, especially with the hi-hats I have in this particular example.