Chat

Author Topic: > DefleMask v0.12.0 RELEASED! <  (Read 195762 times)

spacefolder

> DefleMask 10c released!- <
« Reply #330 on: May 09, 2015, 08:15:23 pm »
Hey! Just downloaded it.. The new GUI looks amazing. So much comfortable and pleasing to the eye. Played a couple of demo songs on various chip systems, and everything seems to be fine. Thanks for this great piece of code. Cheers!
(Por si te sirve, estoy en Macbook pro, OSX 10.8.5)

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #331 on: May 09, 2015, 09:27:35 pm »
Thanks for the feedback!
Looking forward for a Macbook running DefleMask video @ YouTube to stick on my website btw.

Offline DevEd

• Not to be confused with Delek
« Reply #332 on: May 12, 2015, 12:30:35 pm »
Sorry for the bump, but I just so happen to have a Macbook, Deflemask, and a YouTube channel. So I can probably make that video for you.

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #333 on: May 12, 2015, 05:47:22 pm »
Thanks! :)

Offline DevEd

« Reply #334 on: May 12, 2015, 08:42:07 pm »
Aaaand the video's done!

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #335 on: May 13, 2015, 04:32:34 pm »
I was thinking in a video filmed with a camera pointing to a Mac, to see the hardware rather to a screen captured video, thanks anyway.

Liz

« Reply #336 on: May 13, 2015, 09:32:23 pm »
hurrah to the new realese. Again, so much better to the eyes. Thanks ! Gracias Delek!

Offline SpoonyBard

• Global Moderator
  • Music's in my name!
    • Email
« Reply #337 on: May 13, 2015, 11:31:56 pm »
It's a nice release and it helps streamline a few things to make instrument and sample loading easier, which is awesome!
However, sometimes when I load a sample it plays in DefleMask at half the sample rate it had before. I've checked multiple times and the samples have the sampling rate I want. Currently this problem can only be fixed by raising the pitch 1 notch.
I recorded a few just today and two snare drum sounds were playing at half-speed in the player. Is this a bug or something? Thanks for your time.
Music truly is without age.

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #338 on: May 14, 2015, 12:24:23 am »
Could you please upload a wav example of that?

Offline Demick12

• Enemy Of The Warring States
    • Email
« Reply #339 on: May 14, 2015, 05:47:29 pm »
Sorry to cut in.

I must say, this release is pretty cool. Everything on screen is pretty tight, and things are much faster indeed. LOVE the new skin!  ;D

I do miss the background for the pattern matrix, though, and the textured envelopes. Even so, I won't miss them THAT bad...

Speaking of which: I have an update for my skin to reflect said changes. See this thread for more details and an updated download link.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 05:49:38 pm by Demick12 »
Brains:
MAX 330 MEGA
PRO GEAR SPEC

Body:
STRETCH ARMSTRONG

Offline Heavy Viper

« Reply #340 on: May 15, 2015, 04:47:27 am »
From what I've seen after using it for a few days, this looks like a solid release. Thanks for the great work, Delek. :3

Your custom skin still looks pretty slick, Demick!

Offline DevEd

« Reply #341 on: May 15, 2015, 01:05:28 pm »
It's a nice release and it helps streamline a few things to make instrument and sample loading easier, which is awesome!
However, sometimes when I load a sample it plays in DefleMask at half the sample rate it had before. I've checked multiple times and the samples have the sampling rate I want. Currently this problem can only be fixed by raising the pitch 1 notch.
I recorded a few just today and two snare drum sounds were playing at half-speed in the player. Is this a bug or something? Thanks for your time.
Confirmed. This seems to mostly happen with 16000 Hz samples created with Audacity.

Offline garvalf

• Garvalf's den
« Reply #342 on: May 22, 2015, 08:56:16 pm »
thanks for the new release, it looks neat.

I've discovered when you create a pattern, for example 0, then create a new one (for example 1), if you don't have the pattern 0 used in your song pattern matrix (for example for later use), then it won't be saved and it's lost forever!

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #343 on: May 22, 2015, 11:14:29 pm »
I can't replicate that. Please post a more detailed explanation and .dmf as examples in the Bug Reports section. Thanks for the feedback, garvalf.

Offline DevEd

« Reply #344 on: May 23, 2015, 12:41:16 am »
Confirmed. I was able to reproduce it as follows:
1. Create a new module. (Or edit an existing one, doesn't matter.
2. Create a new frame, add some notes to it, and then remove the frame from the pattern matrix.
3. Save and reopen the DMF.
4. Add the frame from before back into the pattern matrix. It will have disappeared completely.

Also, unrelated bug/weird behavior: In the Save As dialog, Deflemask will automatically append the appropriate extension, e.g. .dmf. However, if you manually add the extension (for example, if you name a module "example.dmf"), it still appends the extension and you end up with "example.dmf.dmf".