Chat

Author Topic: > DefleMask v0.12.0 RELEASED! <  (Read 197998 times)

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
> DefleMask 10c released!- <
« Reply #345 on: May 23, 2015, 01:48:01 am »
Ohhh, that's it. It is on purpose btw, only the frames called by the sequencer (pattern matrix) are saved in the module file. It was added WAY back when the format was optimized and smaller module filesizes needed. I don't think it is important, the format is pretty light this way and I'm very proud of it (the other way you can have a 1 second song with a size of 300mb only on unused patterns  :o )

I know FT saves ALL patterns, even unused ones in the module file, I think this is incorrect so say the least.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 01:52:29 am by Delek »

Offline garvalf

• Garvalf's den
« Reply #346 on: May 23, 2015, 04:53:29 am »
hmm, ok, I'll try to remember this when making songs but I think it's pretty dangerous. I often end up creating patterns I want to reuse later in the song but don't know when, and I add them in a later session work when I've reorganised everything. Isn't it like everyone is doing?

If those patterns are not saved, I'll loose my previous work. So I'll need to keep them anyway at the end of the song and the w.i.p. will sound kinda strange...

On milkytracker there is a "optimise song" which will remove all unused pattern, you can use this when you're sure your song is finished to be certain not to keep those nasty 10 kb patterns which will clutter your final module ;)

I also think generally people will export to for example .sid or .nsf so it doesn't matter if the source in .dmf is slightly bigger.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 05:09:20 am by garvalf »

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #347 on: May 23, 2015, 04:33:49 pm »
I often end up creating patterns I want to reuse later in the song but don't know when, and I add them in a later session work when I've reorganised everything. Isn't it like everyone is doing?
Clearly it's not what everyone is doing. DefleMask works like this years ago and this is the first report of a problem with unused patterns not being saved.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 04:36:12 pm by Delek »

kfaraday

« Reply #348 on: July 24, 2015, 07:19:52 pm »
might it be worth putting a warning if that's the case? :X i know i typically expect all patterns i use in a module to be there when i get back, even if it isn't "used in the song"

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #349 on: July 24, 2015, 08:33:59 pm »
I will put a warning in the manual only. This is a pure chip music tracker, space is gold and unused patterns will not be saved.

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
> DefleMask 10d PRE-RELEASE!- <
« Reply #350 on: August 29, 2015, 01:21:09 am »
Ok here is a pre-release for Windows of the version 10d, so far it has this small news:
- More precise fine tune effect (E5xx)
- Fixed the position of the Edit Keys window on small screens
- Game Boy: More accurate volume of the WAVE channel.
- The DefleMask logo is back but on the right side and smaller than in previous versions. I missed it a lot!
- Lot of code cleaning and fixed some possible crashes.
- Manual Updated.
-- YM2151 coming soon.

It is important for me to have feedback from those people that were suffering crashes, I debuged a lot the tracker and I need to confirm that nobody is suffering from strange shutdowns.
Also, I saw lot of people using the default_classic skin, do you like it more than the solid colors one?, I can bring it back as the default one again.

Get it here: http://www.delek.com.ar/DefleMask_Windows10d.rar
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 11:36:09 am by Delek »

Offline Heavy Viper

> DefleMask 10d PRE-RELEASE! <
« Reply #351 on: August 30, 2015, 12:06:02 pm »
Just chiming in to say I think you made the right choice in making the classic skin the default, and it's nice to see the mask back. It never should have left. :3

Offline LukeMcQueen

• Sine Wave Warrior
« Reply #352 on: August 31, 2015, 12:59:59 pm »
Just found a bug: In Genesis mode the 08xx command isn't working anymore on the 6th channel, if the 17xx command is also enabled.

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #353 on: August 31, 2015, 08:39:13 pm »
Thanks for the report LukeMcQueen, it is fixed! Please update your 10d pre release and keep testing!

Offline Demick12

• Enemy Of The Warring States
    • Email
« Reply #354 on: September 02, 2015, 02:32:18 am »
Just dl'd the 10d pre-release. It is pretty cool that there's evidence you are already starting to implement the YM2151 + SEGAPCM. Snazzy! 8)

I'll try and do some debug on this version myself. (gets giddy about doing music arcade-style)
Brains:
MAX 330 MEGA
PRO GEAR SPEC

Body:
STRETCH ARMSTRONG

Offline InversePhase

• Delek FTW
« Reply #355 on: September 02, 2015, 11:12:16 pm »
Happy to test Linux 10d once you've got something ready =]

I do have some feature requests and bug reports I'll post in the appropriate places; hopefully they'll make it in =]

Offline SpoonyBard

• Global Moderator
  • Music's in my name!
    • Email
« Reply #356 on: September 04, 2015, 10:11:38 pm »
Cool! YM2151! I'm a bit more of a believer than I was previously, so I'm gonna run down a few things I noticed.
1. There's no icon for operator algorithms, which isn't so bad for me, having memorized them, but new users could be confused. That's an obvious and easy fix.
2. There's no DT2 or LFO speed or wave controllers. These were the main two things that set the chip apart from the YM2612 for me, so these DEFINITELY need to be in there.
3. There's no sound. At least not for me. All the other chips play sound, but not this one! This could be just a problem for me, though, so someone let me know if it's like this for you. Plus, the only demo song there is won't play! I got the corrupted file message.
Music truly is without age.

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #357 on: September 04, 2015, 10:30:27 pm »
YM2151 is in development! It is not fully implemented yet! What you are reporting is completely normal and I forgot to disable the YM2151 button actually.

Offline Demick12

• Enemy Of The Warring States
    • Email
« Reply #358 on: September 05, 2015, 01:29:34 am »
Is it me, or does the Genesis emulator sounding a little better in this version? :)

Also, I am glad the PC Engine is louder so I won't have to play with the volume control on my computer.

The NES on the other hand is the quietest out of all of them and the GB is the loudest, conversely. An emulator thing, I suppose...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 01:38:19 am by Demick12 »
Brains:
MAX 330 MEGA
PRO GEAR SPEC

Body:
STRETCH ARMSTRONG

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #359 on: September 05, 2015, 09:42:57 pm »
Ok guys I have a little problem here: The YM2151 don't work as the rest of soundchips regarding to how the frequency is setted.

On the rest of soundchip I have only to set the freq number, for example, 23481714. The YM2151 has a OCTAVE + KEY CODE + KEY FRACTION. I really DON'T KNOW what that means and there's NO DOCUMENTATION about this.

I'm googling a lot, so far I found this:
http://home.online.no/~eiriklie/MSX/docs.pdf
http://www.cx5m.net/fmunit.htm
http://map.grauw.nl/resources/sound/yamaha_ym2151_datasheet.pdf

They mention those Key Code and Key Fraction thing but nobody explains how to work with them.
The pre-release is updated, now you can make the YM2151 sound! But I will need help searching how the frequency should be handled here because I'm without any type of information.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 09:45:35 pm by Delek »