Chat

Author Topic: How to make SNES music with exactly the same song  (Read 454 times)

Offline RetrogamerFeminist

• I'm shitting a cow
    • Email
How to make SNES music with exactly the same song
« on: June 05, 2017, 10:13:43 AM »
Hi, I was using SNESS GSS a lots but this tracker isn't handy at all, I can't make WAV file and now I can't open intruments ! I searched a lots in the web and I can't find any good SNES tracker. SNESMOD doesn't work and have virus ( like a lots of softwares to make SNES music ... ) and OPEN MPT isn't handy ( and I can't make semitone effect wich is anoying because I can't make chord guitare effect and echo effect ). I've got FL Studio but the sampling isn't the same expect if I use a certain VST but with it the equalisation doesn"t work and some samples sound absolutely aweful.

What I want is to make MY OWN SNES instruments and not only rip SNES instruments, compatible to WAV format and by preference compatible with the .spc format

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 10:17:12 AM by RetrogamerFeminist »

Offline Michirin9801

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 02:02:03 AM »
I know OpenMPT sucks, but it's what I use to make SNES music, and well, it will run in real hardware so that's good, and hey, it's better than SNESGSS!
And well, SNESMOD is what I use to convert my OpenMPT music into .spc, and I didn't get a virus, maybe you're just not downloading in the right place... It was a friend of mine who sent it to me though, so I don't exactly know where to download it...

Since you want to make your own SNES instruments, I'd suggest editting your samples on Audacity so that they can be compatible with SNESGSS or whatever else you want to use, make sure they're MONO and lower their sample rate to 32KHz at most, then save it as a .wav and see if they work, I'm pretty sure there's some tool to convert them to .brr, which is recommended if you're gonna work with SNESGSS, but I don't know its name either... Good luck!

Offline ggf1979

• Boing...
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 08:49:00 PM »
There is a VST plugin that you can use with FL Studio called C700. I assume nothing about your Japanese language skills, the links to what you need are pink and in English as well as the actual plugin. If you are used to using VSTs in FL Studio then you will probably get used to it in time. This is where you get it: http://picopicose.com/software.html You can open up the samples from an existing .spc file but you can also import them, set the appropriate sample rate, and use the proper effects that you may need. You can Save them in .brr format as well as Export to .xi instruments to use in MPT.

I'm not sure if you are asking for accurate sound creation or usable data but this tool should help you either way. Can't help you with SNESMOD much if you can't get a clean version. I use a modified version that I have no permission to distribute. It is OpenSource if you are into modifying code and programing. If it had a virus then you may have not gotten the right version or sometimes virus programs experience false positives in the hueristic detection. Hopefully you can get it to work.

Offline EnderDude

• Delek FTW
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 11:22:57 PM »
Hi, I was using SNESS GSS a lots but this tracker isn't handy at all, I can't make WAV file and now I can't open intruments !
I really beg to differ, I can import .wav files in version 1.3 and do the semitone option too. Heck, I can even export it as an smc!
I think you're using the first version of snes gss. You can now import famitracker text scores too.

• I'm shitting a cow
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 11:25:27 AM »
Strange I've got the 1.4 version... Before it worked but now the tracker close everytime I open a WAV intrument... Thanks for your help, C700 is pretty good but I there's equalisation problems and the intrument is automaticaly pitched down for some notes wich is strange. I'll try to find a tracker compatible with samples (close to the SNES sound ) and with semitone effects  ( Open MPT haven't thant and I can't find the semintone effect with SNES GSS )

Offline Michirin9801

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 01:56:40 AM »
OpenMPT has semitone effects though, but they don't work with VST instruments, only with samples...

Offline TheJuanCarlos64

• Delek FTW
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 05:20:23 PM »
An Non-Tracker Related.

I Use AddMusicK for Making Music a lot! And I used C700.

Offline EnderDude

• Delek FTW
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 05:27:02 PM »
I think you should just fall back to 1.22 (I'm also 1.22, my mistake ??? ). Also, where did you get version 1.4?

• I'm shitting a cow
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2017, 09:50:47 AM »
I tried to download the last version of snesgss plural times but it do the same thing on my pc computer. Maybe wiil it works with an older version

• I'm shitting a cow
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2017, 09:54:35 AM »
I can't find it anymore

• I'm shitting a cow
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2017, 10:57:50 AM »
I don't even arive to change the volume or the tempo in MPT Tracker  ! ;D