Chat

Author Topic: New to this, so Idk the section, but how do I get samples to play?  (Read 147 times)

Offline Shintaro_Of_Evil

• Delek FTW
I've followed all the directions, yet Samples still do not play any sound upon playing. Does anyone know a fix?

Offline rnbwdragoneyes

• Delek FTW
    • Email
New to this, so Idk the section, but how do I get samples to play?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 11:42:38 PM »
assuming you're talking about Genesis, it's in the manual, and also in several topics on this forum, but it's also here:

1. load samples into program
2. on Channel 6, insert command 17 with value 01 to enable sample playback, 00 to disable
3. ????
4. Profit

Offline JetStar1997

• I like trains, planes, trucks, and retro games!
    • YouTube channel
    • Email
"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true is really true, there would be little hope of advance."
                                                           -Orville Wright

Offline Shintaro_Of_Evil

• Delek FTW
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 09:37:22 PM »
assuming you're talking about Genesis, it's in the manual, and also in several topics on this forum, but it's also here:

1. load samples into program
2. on Channel 6, insert command 17 with value 01 to enable sample playback, 00 to disable
3. ????
4. Profit

That should work as soon as I learn how the living fuck I can get channel 6, command 17 and value 01.

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 02:03:27 AM »
So it seems that you never used a tracker before. I'm wrong? I think that you're trying to control a car that is moving at 100mph without knowing how to drive.

My advice: Please research about the history of trackers, learn why they are like this, what is a command, what is pattern, loops, and so on. After that read, entirely, the DefleMask Manual pdf file.

Offline Shintaro_Of_Evil

• Delek FTW
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 04:23:24 PM »
So it seems that you never used a tracker before. I'm wrong? I think that you're trying to control a car that is moving at 100mph without knowing how to drive.

My advice: Please research about the history of trackers, learn why they are like this, what is a command, what is pattern, loops, and so on. After that read, entirely, the DefleMask Manual pdf file.

I'll be honest, I didn't read this post till now, so I just messed around with stuff and figured out how to do it. So yay I can play samples now, but one question: Do you have a link to a dmf for the " COME ON! " sound effect from Sonic The Hedgehog 3?