Chat

Author Topic: Next System to be added  (Read 20479 times)

Offline Heavy Viper

Next System to be added
« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2016, 06:08:16 AM »
...then Konami SCC (used on Gradius and Haunted Castle (with PCM supporting chips)). I would be for POKEY as well.

VERY much seconding Konami SCC. If there's one chipset I adore just as much as Yammy FM, it's this.

Offline keito940

• Fun of FM Sound
    • Email
Next System to be added
« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2016, 10:40:17 AM »
This thread has gone stale vote-wise. If one wants to re-use this post for voting, one is going to have to get rid of (or gray out/lock in for historical purposes) the choices for the "machines that are already in Deflemask" on the poll to continue voting on "what next" machine-wise. I think that would cut down on multiple threads and show progress for this little yet mighty thread.

Thread Ripping Now.
http://www.deflemask.com/forum/general/pc-9801(opna)driver-spec/

Offline keito940

• Fun of FM Sound
    • Email
Next System to be added
« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2016, 04:26:00 AM »
...then Konami SCC (used on Gradius and Haunted Castle (with PCM supporting chips)). I would be for POKEY as well.

VERY much seconding Konami SCC. If there's one chipset I adore just as much as Yammy FM, it's this.
I Think So. (Used on Metal Gear 2:Solid Snake Add.)

Offline SpoonyBard

• Global Moderator
  • Music's in my name!
    • Email
Next System to be added
« Reply #93 on: August 14, 2016, 04:55:19 AM »
Here's a few ideas I have for sound chips/systems:

AY-3-8910 (Used in the MSX)
To some people, the MSX sound system might sound similar to the Master System, but the MSX is FAR more capable in several ways. It has a greater range of notes and more capabilities in white noise generation. Plus, if this is added, those of us that REALLY want YM2608 support would be satisfied because it can still be replicated by combining the Genesis FM, Arcade PCM, and the MSX PSG.

YMF262 (Used in IBM PCs)
While similar to the now defunct YMU759 chip in a few ways, the YMU759 chip felt very limited in comparison to all the other chips. (From what I used of it at least) The only other OPL3 trackers in recent memory, such as AdLib Tracker, are stuck with using key commands only, so putting OPL3 support into DefleMask will increase accessibility to making that kind of music.

SNES, Amiga and Neo Geo can be easily simulated with FL Studio for me, and implementation in DefleMask seems much more difficult with these systems than the above ones. I don't know much about POKEY, but from what I've heard, I'm still much more interested in the above systems.
Music truly is without age.

Offline keito940

• Fun of FM Sound
    • Email
Next System to be added
« Reply #94 on: August 14, 2016, 06:44:03 AM »
Here's a few ideas I have for sound chips/systems:

To some people, the MSX sound system might sound similar to the Master System, but the MSX is FAR more capable in several ways. It has a greater range of notes and more capabilities in white noise generation. Plus, if this is added, those of us that REALLY want YM2608 support would be satisfied because it can still be replicated by combining the Genesis FM, Arcade PCM, and the MSX PSG.

YMF262 (Used in IBM PCs)
While similar to the now defunct YMU759 chip in a few ways, the YMU759 chip felt very limited in comparison to all the other chips. (From what I used of it at least) The only other OPL3 trackers in recent memory, such as AdLib Tracker, are stuck with using key commands only, so putting OPL3 support into DefleMask will increase accessibility to making that kind of music.
Yeeeeeees!!!!!!!! Please Add To System!!!!

SNES, Amiga and Neo Geo can be easily simulated with FL Studio for me, and implementation in DefleMask seems much more difficult with these systems than the above ones. I don't know much about POKEY, but from what I've heard, I'm still much more interested in the above systems.
FL Studio...Can't Freeware.  >:(

Offline mihaelkyeah

• Email
Next System to be added
« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2016, 01:16:31 PM »
And in the Sinclair ZX-Spectrum, the Atari ST and the Amstrad CPC :)

SNES, Amiga and Neo Geo can be easily simulated with FL Studio for me
I don't fully agree - if it at one point were to be added, I would like to see how the Neo Geo would be implemented, and how the Amiga's Paula sound chip would sound in DefleMask. BUT, if I were to choose, I'd still like to have the AY-3-8910 (because Vortex Tracker sucks) or the OPL3 better.

About the AY-3-8910, there's something I'm not sure about regarding the format in which you'd export it. Since it was a chip used in multiple systems, I would personally like to see an .AY export feature (which I believe is the common format for ZXS and CPC music/sound), but then again, I don't know what format is associated to the other systems the chip was in.

Offline DevEd

• Not to be confused with Delek
Next System to be added
« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2016, 02:07:37 PM »
I still want Virtual Boy to be added...

BTW, SNES support isn't needed but would be appreciated.

Offline KillaMaaki

Next System to be added
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2016, 03:08:09 PM »
Thing about SNES for me is that, yes, I can fully simulate the thing in FL using C700. But I can't export an SPC. I *can* export an XM from OpenMPT and convert that to SPC but then I don't get to hear what it sounds like until I've gone through the entire conversion process.
Just saying it would be nice to have a full-blown dedicated SNES tracker.

Offline Dadalama

Next System to be added
« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2016, 05:57:05 PM »
Don't forget the Mockingboard for the Apple II had two of them!

Offline keito940

• Fun of FM Sound
    • Email
Next System to be added
« Reply #99 on: August 15, 2016, 05:53:09 AM »

SNES, Amiga and Neo Geo can be easily simulated with FL Studio for me
I don't fully agree - if it at one point were to be added, I would like to see how the Neo Geo would be implemented, and how the Amiga's Paula sound chip would sound in DefleMask. BUT, if I were to choose, I'd still like to have the AY-3-8910 (because Vortex Tracker sucks) or the OPL3 better.

About the AY-3-8910, there's something I'm not sure about regarding the format in which you'd export it. Since it was a chip used in multiple systems, I would personally like to see an .AY export feature (which I believe is the common format for ZXS and CPC music/sound), but then again, I don't know what format is associated to the other systems the chip was in.

I think that his opinion is pertinent.

Offline keito940

• Fun of FM Sound
    • Email
Next System to be added
« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2016, 05:58:16 AM »
Thing about SNES for me is that, yes, I can fully simulate the thing in FL using C700. But I can't export an SPC. I *can* export an XM from OpenMPT and convert that to SPC but then I don't get to hear what it sounds like until I've gone through the entire conversion process.
Just saying it would be nice to have a full-blown dedicated SNES tracker.

OpenMPT And C700 VST Plugin. To Nice Idea.
...but Playing Now,Use From C700 Plugin And .fxb File...

Offline keito940

• Fun of FM Sound
    • Email
Next System to be added
« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2016, 07:13:08 AM »
I don't know much about POKEY, but from what I've heard, I'm still much more interested in the above systems.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/POKEY
I think that can be seen.

Offline AceMan

• modules.pl
    • modules.pl
    • Email
Next System to be added
« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2017, 10:04:45 AM »
If digging this thread up is a mistake, then sorry... But I wanted to add my few cents since I haven't seen anyone mentioning some of my favourite systems :)

I am a huge Nintendo fan. And when it comes to console music, I really enjoy mixing samples with chip synthesis. I see that a lot of people mention SNES - I love it, but AFAIK it has samples-only based music (+DSP). Also, cTrix & Ferris are already working on PC tracker for this system (quite advanced from what I heard).

So my suggestion would be: GBA and/or NDS.

Both systems utilize samples+chip combination.
GBA is basically classic GameBoy + two additional sample channels.
NDS is a bit more complicated: it has 16 channels, all of them can play PCM, but 6 of them can generate square waves and 2 of them white noise. It's kind of Megadrive approach.

Why?
- Love Nintendo
- Love samples+chip
- No actual tracker that utilize full potential

Offline Michirin9801

Next System to be added
« Reply #103 on: March 19, 2017, 03:07:15 AM »
If digging this thread up is a mistake, then sorry... But I wanted to add my few cents since I haven't seen anyone mentioning some of my favourite systems :)

I am a huge Nintendo fan. And when it comes to console music, I really enjoy mixing samples with chip synthesis. I see that a lot of people mention SNES - I love it, but AFAIK it has samples-only based music (+DSP). Also, cTrix & Ferris are already working on PC tracker for this system (quite advanced from what I heard).

So my suggestion would be: GBA and/or NDS.

Both systems utilize samples+chip combination.
GBA is basically classic GameBoy + two additional sample channels.
NDS is a bit more complicated: it has 16 channels, all of them can play PCM, but 6 of them can generate square waves and 2 of them white noise. It's kind of Megadrive approach.

Why?
- Love Nintendo
- Love samples+chip
- No actual tracker that utilize full potential
SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS!! SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME!!
You know, I'd love a GBA tracker as much as you would, and yeah I can pretty much already make SNES music that will run in real hardware with OpenMPT, but I still want SNES to be added because Deflemask is over 9000 times better than OpenMPT... It's much more  fun to use, much more intuitive, I can have patterns for each channel instead of using the same pattern for every channel and I can get music done much faster in Deflemask...

Also, as far as I'm aware, the DS only has 6 channels, and they're all samplers, but just like the GBA it can lower the bit depth of its samples and soft-mix more than one sample on a single channel, and each channel can emulate one of the GB's sound channels, but you're not restricted to 2 pulses 1 DAC and 1 Noise, if you want you can have 5 DACs and 1 noise, or switch between DAC and Noise on the same channel (pretty useful for PCE style drums) I believe the NitroGrafx emulator does it to emulate PCE sound on the NDS...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 03:14:27 AM by Michirin9801 »

Offline AceMan

• modules.pl
    • modules.pl
    • Email
Next System to be added
« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2017, 09:23:06 AM »
because Deflemask is over 9000 times better than OpenMPT...

Well, nowadays you have many different trackers that are good for writing 8-channel MOD/XM files ('cause I believe this is the way to write for SNES, right?). I personally use old, good ModPlugTracker 1.19 for MOD/XM/S3M/IT :)

Also, as far as I'm aware, the DS only has 6 channels, and they're all samplers, but just like the GBA it can lower the bit depth of its samples and soft-mix more than one sample on a single channel, and each channel can emulate one of the GB's sound channels, but you're not restricted to 2 pulses 1 DAC and 1 Noise, if you want you can have 5 DACs and 1 noise, or switch between DAC and Noise on the same channel (pretty useful for PCE style drums) I believe the NitroGrafx emulator does it to emulate PCE sound on the NDS...

So it seems that it's even more complicated that I thought ;)
Which means more fun! ;)