Chat

Author Topic: Poll: Requesting a new system to be added ("MS-DOS (OPL)")  (Read 483 times)

Offline Speedy

• Tan tan ta ta ta tan
    • YouTube Channel
Poll: Requesting a new system to be added ("MS-DOS (OPL)")
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2017, 01:34:22 AM »
And then I can't adjust the volume because there's an effect in the volume column...

Like I said, you can use volume envelopes to control the volume of an instrument if a case like that ever arises.

Almost, the one big thing that makes Famitracker less efficient than Deflemask is the pattern matrix [...]
I agree with the first point somewhat, and completely agree with the second.

1: In particularly complex tracks in Famitracker, having the DefleMask way of clicking repeatedly isn't as efficient as just typing a number in, though there's a lot of cases where I just need to click up a digit which makes the typing method much less efficient. I don't think either way is good 100% of the time to be honest.

2: Pattern duplication is something DefleMask definitely has a leg up in. It's much, MUCH easier to just click a button than it is to make a new pattern and type in the old one.

The problem is having to rebind them all over again so often... [...]
I was referring to Famitracker, not OpenMPT.

even if it was only because of its far superior and more efficient UI than any of the other sampler trackers I've used...

To each their own I suppose. I personally still think a sampler would be a huge thing to implement for something that would garner very few users, and would further split the focus of DefleMask.

Offline Michirin9801

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2017, 02:35:34 AM »
1: In particularly complex tracks in Famitracker, having the DefleMask way of clicking repeatedly isn't as efficient as just typing a number in, though there's a lot of cases where I just need to click up a digit which makes the typing method much less efficient. I don't think either way is good 100% of the time to be honest.
True, nothing is perfect, but for my purposes Deflemask's way of changing the patterns is more convenient more often...

I was referring to Famitracker, not OpenMPT.
Oh I see... But I was referring to OpenMPT the first time... Famitracker's keybindings aren't nearly as bad of a nuisance to me, I'm mostly fine with them to be honest...

To each their own I suppose. I personally still think a sampler would be a huge thing to implement for something that would garner very few users, and would further split the focus of DefleMask.
As I said before, I'm not desperate for it to be added... I'd REALLY like it, that's for sure, but as I've said before, fixing up the PCE's accuracy and improving its instruments is top-priority from my point of view... I know other people have other things that they want to be fixed more, but I'm using the PCE almost exclusively lately...

Offline LenAstra

• Delek FTW
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2017, 09:50:44 PM »
This may be getting off topic from Yamaha OPL systems and DOS...

Offline Pegmode

• Allergic to FM
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2017, 07:59:58 AM »
My 2 cents;
I'd rather Deflemask fix it's export which I feel like will never happen, emulation accuracy and improve upon what's already there than add another Yamaha YMxxx.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 10:05:03 PM by Pegmode »

Offline Alianger

• Super Sugoyim
    • Mini-Revver
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2017, 08:12:38 PM »
^I agree.
YT channel (MD music, romhacks, misc gaming): https://www.youtube.com/user/Alianger/videos

Offline LenAstra

• Delek FTW
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2017, 07:56:31 PM »
AdlibTracker is controlled probably with keyboard only and no mouse input, and this will be frustrating for those who are used to trackers with mouse input and a more fluid UI, such as DM. What other Yamaha FM synths are you thinking of besides OPL? I heard of OPX (YMF271) which was rarely used besides the Seibu SPI system and a few other arcade systems. It has maybe up to 48 slots and they can be combined into FM operators, which is very much like what the SCSP can do especially if the remaining slots become sampling channels. I may not recommend the OPX because it has very little documentation and it is not 100% emulated in MAME.