Chat

Author Topic: Requests! (Don't ask for new systems, that will be decided by a poll)  (Read 144437 times)

sergeeo

Requests!
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 03:40:37 PM »
Oh man! I had a module-in-progress and I clicked accidentally in the "x" window button, and THE TRACKER CLOSED!! The program didn't even ask me if I wanted to save it :___(

neko68k

Requests!
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 10:14:07 PM »
I'd be really happy see ym2151 support with the ability to export mml. For example this format would be ideal. http://www16.atwiki.jp/mxdrv/pages/19.html Nice music can be made with it but the only way now is to hand code mml :/ I can provide some examples if you need them.

tomaitheous

Requests!
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2012, 02:58:16 AM »
Request! How about PC Engine / Turbografx support? I've done a bunch of tests of the hardware regs and their behavior, as well as quite a few other emulation authors recently (over the past year). If you add support and do a VGM still output, I'll write a player to output those raw register updates on the real system.

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
Requests!
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2012, 11:22:43 AM »
I am writing the PC-Engine support right now, the new DefleMask 5.2 will be released soon.

Would be awesome if you could write a VGM->PC-ENGINE converter, it requires a lot of time and it is "outside" the tracker itself.
I need the same for the VGM->GameBoy converter, you will be credited (like Maxim with his VGM->SMS and like MJS with his VGM->GENESIS builder) inside DefleMask's "about" screen and in the main website.

Regards.

tomaitheous

Requests!
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2012, 10:46:25 PM »
Looking over the VGM spec, looks simple enough (the format, I mean). Re-sorting and organizing the data back into a reasonable size hes/rom (compressing for redundancy and patterns), we'll see how well have that goes :)

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
Requests!
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2012, 03:38:50 PM »
Thanks! :D

defiantsystems

Requests!
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2012, 01:43:57 AM »
Is it possible to individually select notes? Also is it possible to change note octaves once they've been put down rather than retyping the note over?

Offline kinkinkijkin

• Delek FTW
Requests!
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2012, 02:25:33 PM »
What I really would love is for a test build of PCE support to be put out there for testing before the release of it...

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
Requests!
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2012, 06:06:01 PM »
Before Monday DefleMask 6 will be released, I added a lot of things and fixed much points, also the PCE support is already done completely (LFO Control, Noise, etc), I'm currently adding the numeric values under the Macros and the capability to copy some stuff from the patterns and paste that selection in a Macro. After that I should update the manual, and then the v6 of DefleMask will be complete.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 06:08:27 PM by Delek »

Offline kinkinkijkin

• Delek FTW
Requests!
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2012, 01:08:45 PM »
Oh cool.

I am literally falling off my chair with excitement.

I said with a straight face sitting on my chair not at all excited-looking.

HertzDevil

Requests!
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2012, 04:43:21 AM »
can deflemask save files in any folder other than the predefined directories because it is cumbersome to move these files to elsewhere every time

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
Requests!
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2012, 08:04:51 PM »
No for now, because of a portability problem. Don't exist a cross-platform solution for directory listing. After the ports I will code a PER-OS solution and then that will be implemented.

B00daW

Requests!
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2012, 03:26:41 AM »
Delek:  I haven't checked out this tracker since you first started it.  I gotta commend you on your ability and efforts.  I have a few very useful requests and dreams for Deflemask.

1.)  Add hardware stereo panning support for "Sega Master System" and call it "Sega Game Gear."
2.)  Add YM2413 (OPLL) support to "Sega Master System" for full SMS support. :)
3.)  Add SGC format export to Sega Master System and Sega Game Gear.
4.)  Add GBS format export to Nintendo Game Boy.
5.)  Macro support for wavetables for PCE/TG-16 and Game Boy.  Essentially after one wave plays it triggers the next until it gets to the end and hits the end to go back to the beginning or the defined loop point.  FamiTracker v0.38 beta uses this for its Namco 163 support (which is very similar to PCE/TG-16).
6.)  ASM export.

Some potential dreams:

1.)  Atari 8-bit support with POKEY and possibly GTIA beeper.
2.)  Commodore SID support.
3.)  Commodore VIC-20 support.
4.)  Atari 2600 TIA and possibly DPC expansion support.
5.)  Nintendo Virtuaboy support.  It's almost like a 32-bit PCE/TG-16...  wavetables with 20MHz of power for synthesis.

Keep your dream alive. :)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 03:32:54 AM by B00daW »

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
Requests!
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2012, 04:01:37 AM »
1.)  Add hardware stereo panning support for "Sega Master System" and call it "Sega Game Gear."
This will be added soon!.
2.)  Add YM2413 (OPLL) support to "Sega Master System" for full SMS support. :)
This was the soundchip that I was thinking in adding, but I added PC-Engine. I will add YM2413 in the next release then.
3.)  Add SGC format export to Sega Master System and Sega Game Gear.
I don't know what format is that, there are the format specs somewhere?.
4.)  Add GBS format export to Nintendo Game Boy.
I am working on this right now. :)
5.)  Macro support for wavetables for PCE/TG-16 and Game Boy.  Essentially after one wave plays it triggers the next until it gets to the end and hits the end to go back to the beginning or the defined loop point.  FamiTracker v0.38 beta uses this for its Namco 163 support (which is very similar to PCE/TG-16).
This is already implemented!. Please download DefleMask 6 and check it out!.
6.)  ASM export.
This is not a priority, there are so much different ASM codes beacause of the many soundchips supported, I think that this will demand a huge effort.

1.)  Atari 8-bit support with POKEY and possibly GTIA beeper.
This was considered, but I thought that would be better PC-Engine.
2.)  Commodore SID support.
This soundchip will be added for sure in DefleMask soon or later.
3.)  Commodore VIC-20 support.
Mmm, maybe after Commodore SID and YM2413.
4.)  Atari 2600 TIA and possibly DPC expansion support.
Maybe in a future.
5.)  Nintendo Virtuaboy support.  It's almost like a 32-bit PCE/TG-16...  wavetables with 20MHz of power for synthesis.
I do not think that the VirtualBoy scene is enough to make this addon viable. But I will think about this.

Regards, and thanks a lot for your feedback.

B00daW

Requests!
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2012, 01:42:39 PM »
Regarding SGC format.  It was developed by Kevtris, the same guy who did NSF.  Here is a link to his rips and the SGC documents.
http://blog.kevtris.org/blogfiles/SGC%20Music.rar

Currently a few obscure players support the format, but with Deflemask as well, it will increase support.

Also, I had a question.  Since Hexaprism Hall is a DMF, did you have a VGM import support as well?  That would be a rather useful utility to import VGM and export hardware playable formats like binary/ROM and SGC.

Atari TIA and DPC chips are quirky but interesting.  The TIA has a "distortion" register and a 5-bit, divide by 30 frequency register, so it's not in tune.  I've started slowly developing my own sound engine for it with just a little progress so far, but I determined the best way to implement instruments is the way that RMT (POKEY tracker) does by making an instrument envelope that can go up and down relative to pitch.  Of course I also considered certain instrument envelope bytes to be masked so their pitch is not effected.  The DPC chip was used in Pitfall II.  It adds 3 tunable wavetables; and they share the same volume register as the TIA.  It could be a very fun and powerful combination.

I'm glad that you have interest in supporting hardware that do not have many tracker interfaces. :)  Thank you.