Chat

Author Topic: Requests! (Don't ask for new systems, that will be decided by a poll)  (Read 144619 times)

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
TODO FOR NEXT VER.:
* Rewrite .sid export to make roms small and fast.
* UI updates.

Check the latest Changelog before making a request, here: Changelogs.

Requests, bug hunting and nice tunes are welcomed. ;)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 03:18:37 PM by Delek »

Jorh

Requests!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 10:25:03 PM »
Hey, what about a midi file importer? Is that possible?

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
Requests!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 10:38:23 PM »
Yes, it is possible. Maybe that will be available on next version. :)

Jorh

Requests!
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 07:05:46 PM »
Cool.

Also, I know you added porting it to *nix. Is that gonna happen in the next version?

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
Requests!
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 12:01:37 AM »
Maybe yes, actually that depends of getting that SOs working. :P

masterblaster

Requests!
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 03:14:40 PM »
i've just registered here , i think deflemask has a lot of potential.
what about a piano roll plus side scroller sequencer? that would make my life and a lot of other people's easier.
im mostly into the master system sound , the noise channel doesn't seem to respond well . Please try mod2psg2 which is mainly a mastersystem ol tracker so that you can get to know better how the noise 3 tones and the periodic noise works too then u'll see what im talking about.
about the piano roll n sequencer , i know this is a tracker but hope there's always a bit of room for some innovation ;) .
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 03:17:13 PM by masterblaster »

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
Requests!
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 07:00:47 PM »
It is not planed a piano roll feature, you said it, DefleMask is a tracker, a piano roll interface is a effect-killer concept, and a chiptune tracker without effects is almost useless.

About the Noise mode, I think that they work right, you should use:
20xy - Change Noise Mode

In order to switch between the modes of the SN76489's Noise Channel.

yzyx

Requests!
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2011, 11:43:35 PM »
Yo trabajo con el Chip del gameboy y me gustaría que pensaras en la idea de exportar los archivos en el formato nativo de gameboy (GBS, tal cono el nes tiene el nsf). Se que Deflemask puede exportar como una rom de Gameboy, pero es preferible como un gbs. Eso compañero. Puedes responder en ingles o español. Te entenderé de todas formas. Saludos!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 11:55:37 PM by yzyx »

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
Requests!
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 01:10:52 AM »
Si, para la versión 5.2 va a existir no solo el ROM builder de Game Boy sino tambien un GBS exporter!. Saludos!.

Offline Demick12

• Sealed for freshness past the expiration date...
    • Email
Requests!
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 04:11:19 AM »
One tiny bug I've noticed: When in Game Boy mode and one writes into the tracker to create music, the previews of channel 3 wind up previewing in all channels for some odd reason. That is usually after I had written to channel 3 the first time.

To elaborate, I go to write to in this example channel 1. I get the preview for channel 1 just fine. Then I write to channel 2, then make a change to channel 1 and get their separate previews of instrument used - normal behavior. I write to channel four, some percussion then go back to either channel 2 or 1 and each has their previews. Keep in mind I haven't even touched channel 3 yet. THEN I write to channel 3 and go back to edit the other channels while getting previews for channel 3 for all the channels when they should be separate for those channels. The effect happens so long as DefleMask is running. While it bugs me, it doesn't hamper my music abilities - it's just kind of annoying really.

So anyway, I hope this helps you out for your next iteration of DefleMask. I am enthusiastic about contributing to such a powerful tracker.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 04:14:51 AM by Demick12 »
I am not insain, I have just been evilly reprogrammed. -Cyber-Lip

yzyx

MIDI Support
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 08:58:56 PM »
I have a very useful request: MIDI IN support ;D (MIDI out is not very used in mayority of the trackers).

You could enter midi notes (supporting basic parameter, how midi velocity) while record mode is activated in a single channel, and meanwhile Deflemask is playing also enter midi notes :D

How example, take the reference of F*mitr*cker  :P. It have a good midi support.

Please, consider this. Really it will be a useful improvement.

Greetings Delek!  ;)

PS: Now i'm trying to write in english for the forum readers. If you find some weird phrase, sorry  :-\

sergeeo

Requests!
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 06:49:50 PM »
Hey Delek

I don't know if this is the proper thread to report bugs. Feel free to move this comment.

I've been playing around with the Master System feature and have detected this: if I use the same instrument in the noise channel and in the (for example) the third channel, the playback doesn't work properly.

A second one: I'm not sure if the default volume envelope works like the usual 'gate' (0 attack, max sustain until new note).

Thanks for your work and keep it up!!

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
MIDI Support
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2011, 06:00:14 PM »
I have a very useful request: MIDI IN support ;D (MIDI out is not very used in mayority of the trackers).

You could enter midi notes (supporting basic parameter, how midi velocity) while record mode is activated in a single channel, and meanwhile Deflemask is playing also enter midi notes :D

How example, take the reference of F*mitr*cker  :P. It have a good midi support.

Please, consider this. Really it will be a useful improvement.

Greetings Delek!  ;)

PS: Now i'm trying to write in english for the forum readers. If you find some weird phrase, sorry  :-\

Yeah, MIDI IN support will be added soon, I need to search a cross-platform MIDI API in order to get all of that stuff working without losing the portability of the tracker.
Hey Delek

I don't know if this is the proper thread to report bugs. Feel free to move this comment.

I've been playing around with the Master System feature and have detected this: if I use the same instrument in the noise channel and in the (for example) the third channel, the playback doesn't work properly.

A second one: I'm not sure if the default volume envelope works like the usual 'gate' (0 attack, max sustain until new note).

Thanks for your work and keep it up!!
This is a soundchip limitation, not an error in DefleMask.
The SN76489 noise channel is, actually, a NOT fully independent channel. If you use the special noise mode, then the third SQUARE will be muted, because you are using the freq-memory space of that square.
If you want independent noise, you have not to use the special mode in the noise channel, but the frequencies of the noise will be limited to 4 notes.

This is explained in the manual, in the effects part of SMS/Genesis:
20xy - Change Noise Mode:

This effect will change the way in which the SN76489 makes the noise.Value x sets the special noise mode, if it is set to 0 only 3 frequencies can be done: C, C# and D.
If it is set to a non 0 value, the noise can reach any frequency but the third square of the SN76489 will be turned off. The Noise channel will use the frequency of the third Square.
Value y sets the type of noise, setting it to 0 will enable the periodic noise mode, if it is set to a non zero value, white noise generation will be enabled.
Keep in mind that, after changing this value, you have to play the current track in order to update the emulator noise mode.

This is how Texas Instruments done the SN76489, it is strange, for this reason I recommend to read some information or specs of the soundchip that you are using before reporting a bug. :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 06:06:08 PM by Delek »

sergeeo

Requests!
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 08:23:11 PM »
Thanks Delek! Sorry for the inconvenience!

Offline Demick12

• Sealed for freshness past the expiration date...
    • Email
Requests!
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 10:02:38 PM »
Looking forward to 01 through 04. Awesome job thus far.
I am not insain, I have just been evilly reprogrammed. -Cyber-Lip