Chat

Author Topic: Requests! (Don't ask for new systems, that will be decided by a poll)  (Read 114731 times)

Online Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
Requests! (Don't ask for new systems, that will be decided by a poll)
« Reply #585 on: April 06, 2017, 01:19:51 PM »
PLEASE increase the undo buffer length. As it is, it's pitifully small. There is literally no reason for it to be so small!
There are memory reasons, but I will double the size. Actually it would be better to have the value in config.ini. Believe me, the undo buffer eat lots of memory.

Offline Therektafire

• Delek FTW
    • Email
« Reply #586 on: April 06, 2017, 10:26:02 PM »
 ??? Deflemask is a chiptracker, if you want to use a bunch of sample channels why not use a tracker that deals with samples in particular? Milkytracker, Impuse/Schism Tracker, Protracker, Sunvox...

Though while we are on the topic of systems, a YM2149 based machine would be nice, even though we have the SMS which already uses an all PSG chip. I tried out Vortex Tracker 2 a couple of months ago but I don't really like the interface that much, do you guys know of any other trackers for say ZX Spectrum, Atari ST, etc? I also tried Beepola but that is only beeper and I'm looking for a full YM/AY one.

Offline 3noneTwo

« Reply #587 on: April 09, 2017, 09:34:34 AM »
Looking at the SegaPCM's channels, there are 16 channels, while deflemask uses 5 out of 16. I mean, wouldn't be nice if for future versions of DefleMask there's support for up to 16 channels for the SegaPCM!
Yeah, the limit on SegaPCM channels that can be used in Deflemask seems arbitrary. It'd make more sense to offer the full capabilities of supported systems.

Speaking of PCM though: Would any of the current PCM/Sample-capable chips support Sample Offsets? ie: Playing from a specific point in the sample, rather than simply playing the entire sample. There's a couple tricks that allow this to be faked (set channel volume to 0, sample pitch to a high value, and then reset both values when the sample reaches the desired point), but obviously having some way to directly set the sample offset would be ideal - if it's even possible.

Offline Paul999

• Delek FTW
    • Email
« Reply #588 on: April 16, 2017, 04:26:29 PM »
I'm supporting new effect this Gxx - Halt.
Halt playback of the module, use this to prevent infinite looping of songs.

Online Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #589 on: April 17, 2017, 01:22:10 PM »
Songs won't loop unless you add a Bxx command.

Offline lazygecko

• Delek FTW
« Reply #590 on: April 17, 2017, 06:31:03 PM »
Looking at the SegaPCM's channels, there are 16 channels, while deflemask uses 5 out of 16. I mean, wouldn't be nice if for future versions of DefleMask there's support for up to 16 channels for the SegaPCM!
Yeah, the limit on SegaPCM channels that can be used in Deflemask seems arbitrary. It'd make more sense to offer the full capabilities of supported systems.

Speaking of PCM though: Would any of the current PCM/Sample-capable chips support Sample Offsets? ie: Playing from a specific point in the sample, rather than simply playing the entire sample. There's a couple tricks that allow this to be faked (set channel volume to 0, sample pitch to a high value, and then reset both values when the sample reaches the desired point), but obviously having some way to directly set the sample offset would be ideal - if it's even possible.

Triggering sample at different offsets should at least be possible on Genesis, since there are already games that do it. Chris Hulsbeck uses a lot of offset changes on the drums in his soundtracks, to do stuff like make cymbals last longer or make snares sound shorter/softer.

Offline freezedream

• digital music artist
    • Bandcamp Music
    • Email
« Reply #591 on: April 19, 2017, 04:45:17 AM »
I have a fix request and opinion request relating to the Genesis / Mega Drive system. What do people think about the overall level (i.e. volume) of the PSG compared to that of real hardware? To me the PSG seems overly loud compared to the real hardware. If I change the level of the PSG in Deflemask to properly mix with the FM then on the hardware it is too quiet, sometimes so quiet I can't even hear it! It seems that if the level is set to 5 or lower then it is inaudible on hardware. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just my console?

Thanks!

Online Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #592 on: April 19, 2017, 11:37:32 AM »
Every console HW revision has different balances for the YM2612 and the SN76489.

Offline Speedy

• Tan tan ta ta ta tan
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #593 on: April 23, 2017, 02:12:22 PM »
Every console HW revision has different balances for the YM2612 and the SN76489.

I don't think that's exactly true; the Model 1s stayed pretty similar throughout their life, although iirc both revisions of the Model 2 have different FM/PSG volume levels.

Offline Paul999

• Delek FTW
    • Email
« Reply #594 on: April 26, 2017, 03:37:26 AM »
Well i supporting Atari Pokey sound chip