Chat

Author Topic: Requests! (Don't ask for new systems, that will be decided by a poll)  (Read 147903 times)

Offline Therektafire

• Delek FTW
    • Email
Requests! (Don't ask for new systems, that will be decided by a poll)
« Reply #585 on: April 06, 2017, 10:26:02 PM »
 ??? Deflemask is a chiptracker, if you want to use a bunch of sample channels why not use a tracker that deals with samples in particular? Milkytracker, Impuse/Schism Tracker, Protracker, Sunvox...

Though while we are on the topic of systems, a YM2149 based machine would be nice, even though we have the SMS which already uses an all PSG chip. I tried out Vortex Tracker 2 a couple of months ago but I don't really like the interface that much, do you guys know of any other trackers for say ZX Spectrum, Atari ST, etc? I also tried Beepola but that is only beeper and I'm looking for a full YM/AY one.

Offline 3noneTwo

« Reply #586 on: April 09, 2017, 09:34:34 AM »
Looking at the SegaPCM's channels, there are 16 channels, while deflemask uses 5 out of 16. I mean, wouldn't be nice if for future versions of DefleMask there's support for up to 16 channels for the SegaPCM!
Yeah, the limit on SegaPCM channels that can be used in Deflemask seems arbitrary. It'd make more sense to offer the full capabilities of supported systems.

Speaking of PCM though: Would any of the current PCM/Sample-capable chips support Sample Offsets? ie: Playing from a specific point in the sample, rather than simply playing the entire sample. There's a couple tricks that allow this to be faked (set channel volume to 0, sample pitch to a high value, and then reset both values when the sample reaches the desired point), but obviously having some way to directly set the sample offset would be ideal - if it's even possible.

Offline Paul999

• Ugrrr... Trakeando sistemas...
    • Email
« Reply #587 on: April 16, 2017, 04:26:29 PM »
I'm supporting new effect this Gxx - Halt.
Halt playback of the module, use this to prevent infinite looping of songs.

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #588 on: April 17, 2017, 01:22:10 PM »
Songs won't loop unless you add a Bxx command.

Offline lazygecko

• Delek FTW
« Reply #589 on: April 17, 2017, 06:31:03 PM »
Looking at the SegaPCM's channels, there are 16 channels, while deflemask uses 5 out of 16. I mean, wouldn't be nice if for future versions of DefleMask there's support for up to 16 channels for the SegaPCM!
Yeah, the limit on SegaPCM channels that can be used in Deflemask seems arbitrary. It'd make more sense to offer the full capabilities of supported systems.

Speaking of PCM though: Would any of the current PCM/Sample-capable chips support Sample Offsets? ie: Playing from a specific point in the sample, rather than simply playing the entire sample. There's a couple tricks that allow this to be faked (set channel volume to 0, sample pitch to a high value, and then reset both values when the sample reaches the desired point), but obviously having some way to directly set the sample offset would be ideal - if it's even possible.

Triggering sample at different offsets should at least be possible on Genesis, since there are already games that do it. Chris Hulsbeck uses a lot of offset changes on the drums in his soundtracks, to do stuff like make cymbals last longer or make snares sound shorter/softer.

Offline freezedream

• digital music artist
    • Bandcamp Music
    • Email
« Reply #590 on: April 19, 2017, 04:45:17 AM »
I have a fix request and opinion request relating to the Genesis / Mega Drive system. What do people think about the overall level (i.e. volume) of the PSG compared to that of real hardware? To me the PSG seems overly loud compared to the real hardware. If I change the level of the PSG in Deflemask to properly mix with the FM then on the hardware it is too quiet, sometimes so quiet I can't even hear it! It seems that if the level is set to 5 or lower then it is inaudible on hardware. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just my console?

Thanks!

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #591 on: April 19, 2017, 11:37:32 AM »
Every console HW revision has different balances for the YM2612 and the SN76489.

Offline Speedy

• Tan tan ta ta ta tan
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #592 on: April 23, 2017, 02:12:22 PM »
Every console HW revision has different balances for the YM2612 and the SN76489.

I don't think that's exactly true; the Model 1s stayed pretty similar throughout their life, although iirc both revisions of the Model 2 have different FM/PSG volume levels.

Offline Paul999

• Email
« Reply #593 on: April 26, 2017, 03:37:26 AM »
Well i supporting Atari Pokey sound chip

Offline mihaelkyeah

• Learn the best from all worlds
    • YouTube channel
    • Email
« Reply #594 on: May 01, 2017, 02:29:01 AM »
This feature has already been requested here.
BUT in addition to it, would it be possible to implement SnoozeTracker's PSG features to DefleMask? (custom waveform usage, PCM sample usage with looping, volume control and chromatic pitch allowed)

I know I could just make a SnoozeTracker VGM and glue it with a DefleMask VGM, but this doesn't always work well. On top of that the timing is not always reliable between the two, it's a bit troublesome having to guess what the right PSG/YM2612 levels will be, and on the other hand, SnoozeTracker is currently locked to a 50 Hz clock speed.

Because of this, I would like to know if it would be too troublesome to convert the source code in Unity to the language you've written DefleMask in. On the other hand, tEFFx has also written an SN76489 emulator in C++, so hopefully that would help a bit. (not sure if this Sega PSG emulator has the PSG features SnoozeTracker has...)

Thanks in advance! ^^

Offline Raijin

« Reply #595 on: May 07, 2017, 06:24:41 PM »
Delek, I'd like to request a sample offset capability for the Genesis DAC. If you are familiar with Famitracker, it has an effect (Yxx) which tells it to play the current sample at a specific starting point. It turns out several games actually do this (Mega Turrican, Panorama Cotton for example).

Also, while I am at it, I might as well report that there is a bug in the sample sliders. For example, if you use ctrl+scroll wheel on the volume slider, it doesn't actually change the volume.

Offline Paul999

• Email
« Reply #596 on: May 07, 2017, 10:47:38 PM »
Support the sound chip arcade maker.
Uses YM2203, YM2151, YM2610, YM3812, K053260, uPD7759, OKIM6295, DAC and SEGA PCM.
And uses Tempo with <> and <<>> with Genesis, NES and Arcade Machine OK!

Offline Alfórium

• L'Alfórium
    • Email
« Reply #597 on: May 17, 2017, 08:00:27 AM »
Hello,

I have a suggestion regarding the editor. Sometimes, in the final version of a song, many instruments are left unused. However, looking for them and removing them by hand is very time-consuming. I think it would be neat to have an automatic "optimize instruments" option that would remove all unused instruments and automatically rearrange instrument numbers in the song.

I have no idea if this would be very hard to code or not, but I think it would be a very good addition to the program. Most professional audio editors include file cleaning options, and it would save time and help keep filesizes small.

If this has been suggested before, then I'm sorry for repeating it!

Thanks,

A.

EDIT: request modified, because I hadn't realised that unused patterns already clear themselves...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 07:41:32 AM by Alfórium »

Offline keito940

• Fun of FM Sound
    • Email
« Reply #598 on: May 19, 2017, 10:10:25 AM »
Support the sound chip arcade maker.
Uses YM2203, YM2151, YM2610, YM3812, K053260, uPD7759, OKIM6295, DAC and SEGA PCM.
And uses Tempo with <> and <<>> with Genesis, NES and Arcade Machine OK!
Please do it here.(...But YM2608 Support.)
http://www.deflemask.com/forum/general/next-system-to-be-added/

Offline Paul999

• Email
« Reply #599 on: June 06, 2017, 01:20:56 PM »
I support Sega Genesis from sound engine the DefleMask Tracker to...

SMPS 68k
SMPS Z80
Sound Images v1.0
Sound Images v1.2
Sound Images v1.5
GEMS
Krisalis/Shaun Hollingworth
Cube/Dougen Shibuya
Konami/Vampire Killer
Konami/Hyperstone Heist
Konami/Lethal Enforcers
Taito/Thunder Fox
Data East/High Seas Havoc
Psygnosis/Martin Walker
Sunsoft custom
Capcom custom

Link to see the sound engines: http://gdri.smspower.org/wiki/index.php/Mega_Drive/Genesis_Sound_Engine_List
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 01:23:27 PM by Paul999 »