Chat

Author Topic: Requests! (Don't ask for new systems, that will be decided by a poll)  (Read 183447 times)

Offline Calculuswhiz

• Delek FTW
Requests! (Don't ask for new systems, that will be decided by a poll)
« Reply #615 on: September 03, 2017, 03:17:50 AM »
I think it would be kind of cool to have a comment track running along the right side, kind of like how programmers put comments into their code. That would make navigating through a track way easier, I think, especially when the songs get long.
Or some way to take notes on the song would be nice.

Offline slider

• Hi
« Reply #616 on: September 04, 2017, 10:12:08 PM »
Perhaps it is time for an effects macro per individual instrument? I find high tracking speed inefficient and me copying the same volume/effect/note chain over and over again is silly when a macro should do the job no matter what tracking speed.

Offline mihaelkyeah

• Learn the best from all worlds
    • YouTube channel
    • Email
« Reply #617 on: September 20, 2017, 11:26:02 AM »
I think it would be kind of cool to have a comment track running along the right side, kind of like how programmers put comments into their code. That would make navigating through a track way easier, I think, especially when the songs get long.
Or some way to take notes on the song would be nice.
This has been requested before with a picture mockup, and again I think it would be very nice to have it.

-------------

Also, 4-bit sample playback for Sega Genesis? Some samples might not sound that much worse when converted to 4-bit and it could save memory.

Offline slipbeastchiptunes

• Delek FTW
« Reply #618 on: November 29, 2017, 07:53:56 PM »
Hey delek Can you add a pcm on a gameboy system for your tracker? thanks.

Offline Raijin

« Reply #619 on: December 23, 2017, 08:40:39 PM »
Hey Delek. I'd like to request a few things that I have been thinking about for some time which would definitely be very useful. I'll try to keep it short and simple. This is all taking into account the Genesis first, but they would be useful for all chips.

1) The addition of a 'repeat' key.
The repeat key would make it so you can simply press that key in order to instantly reuse the last note placed/last effect used without having to retype it over again.

2) A 'hold' function.
If you are familiar with Famitracker's current beta version, there is an effect that can be input into the instrument number column, and instead of the number of the instrument appearing, the '&&' symbol appears in its place. This makes it hold the last envelope/macro from the previous instrument used without retriggering it when placing a new note, so its extremely useful for jumping between notes without the envelope reinitiating itself for sound effects and other things. Can Deflemask do something like an '&&' effect in the instrument number column?

3) A sample offset effect.
Again, if you are familiar with Famitracker, it has a sample offset effect (Yxx) which initiates a new sample from 64 bytes ahead per step. It turns out Genesis games do this, and it would be a very useful thing to have. Deflemask doesn't necessarily have to use 64 bytes per step, but some small, fine amount would be best for sure.

I really hope you consider these. They will be very much appreciated features.

Offline Michirin9801

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #620 on: December 24, 2017, 01:37:17 AM »
3) A sample offset effect.
Again, if you are familiar with Famitracker, it has a sample offset effect (Yxx) which initiates a new sample from 64 bytes ahead per step. It turns out Genesis games do this, and it would be a very useful thing to have. Deflemask doesn't necessarily have to use 64 bytes per step, but some small, fine amount would be best for sure.
The PCE could also do that, in fact, some PCE games even loop samples at an offset (see PCE Batman, the basses are sampled)
so if this feature is added, it should probably also work on the PCE...

Offline Raijin

« Reply #621 on: December 24, 2017, 02:04:41 AM »
The PCE could also do that, in fact, some PCE games even loop samples at an offset (see PCE Batman, the basses are sampled)
so if this feature is added, it should probably also work on the PCE...

Yeah, same thing on the Genesis. There's a ton of offsetting being done with the snares in some Mega Turrican tracks, and the looped Guitar in Skitchin'. If the sample offset effect is accurate enough for looped samples (if Delek adds it), that would be an excellent feature, as well as the hold function, which would add new possibilities in Deflemask :)

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #622 on: January 02, 2018, 03:13:58 PM »
Sample offset is something definitely needed and will be added on future builds. Maybe after releasing the new version that is coming.

Offline Raijin

« Reply #623 on: January 02, 2018, 04:23:18 PM »
That is excellent news, Delek! It will be such a great feature.

Btw, what are your thoughts on the hold effect? I think something like that would be very useful, to jump to new notes without the use of a pitch bend effect. Would be nice for guitar solos and such :p

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #624 on: January 02, 2018, 05:50:19 PM »
I'm thinking about it, it should be easy to add because the effect makes only a change in the frequency register of the channel (instead of the whole process of a note on event which is a lot more work actually)

Offline Raijin

« Reply #625 on: January 02, 2018, 07:38:12 PM »
Yeah, it should simply change to a new frequency (the note you place the effect on) instantaneously, and the envelope from the previous note won't reset (similar to using 3xx, but without the rise/fall in pitch).
If you can do the '&&' effect in Deflemask, it will save you from wasting an fx column effect, and it will still be compatible with all other systems. It can be initiated with some unused key, like H (for 'hold') or something.

Anyway, thanks for considering this too. I actually find myself needing something like that fairly often. ;x

Offline CathodeRayBlues

• I sell SID music and SID music accessories.
    • Email
« Reply #626 on: January 20, 2018, 05:06:08 PM »
I haven't a clue if this was asked before, but I would love to use a Dual or Triple SID configuration for this tracker adding stereo sound, as that is a popular mod done to C64s by musicians. I understand that you can sort of use more SID chips using multiple instances of the program, but there would be no stereo separation and no way to export them in one SID file. I would also imagine proper NTSC support for this console is on the way, yes?

Nevermind, let me just put it this way; here is my wishlist for the program:

-proper dual and triple SID support
-NTSC option for C64 (I get that you can just use a custom 60hz mode but I think that might cause issues when exporting to SID when I want the SID file to be NTSC.)
-Support for NES sound expansions such as VRC6 or N163

So far I am very happy with this program and am stoked for future improvements like the planned MIDI file import option. Keep up the good work, mate!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 12:24:05 AM by CathodeRayBlues »

Offline ThumpyPuppy

• Studio Thumpy Puppy
« Reply #627 on: February 06, 2018, 03:25:40 PM »
The ability to re-skin all UI elements.
(Also, a comprehensive guide on what each value/image controls would be nice.)

Presently there doesn't seem to be a way to control the background (it's just black and grey, except under some circumstances in which it becomes a dark red?) and the cursor when recording is always red (except when some portion of the "Row" colour value is green, in which case it becomes darker or black).

It's the one element that messes up my custom skins. The colour it is when you're not in recording mode can be customised, but that red blemish remains. :P

Otherwise this is probably my favourite tracker. Really friendly to use, lots of neat tricks, works great.

Offline darkfact

• Delek FTW
« Reply #628 on: February 16, 2018, 03:20:06 PM »
Hopefully this is a simple request.

I love Deflemask but it is very cumbersome to use in Linux as I have to install quite a few i386 libraries every time I want to use it. When I got back to programming I usually have to re-install all of my 64-bit libraries which makes switching between these two things a pain. Could you please build a 64-bit version of DefleMask for Linux? I would also be more than happy to port it if you don't have time. I think this is one of the best trackers out there for classic systems so it would be worthwhile.

Cheers.

Offline Demick12

• Sealed for freshness past the expiration date...
    • Email
« Reply #629 on: February 17, 2018, 12:00:48 AM »
I second the non-portamento pitch hold effect aforementioned. It would make this tracker useful for making advanced FM sound effects!

Sample offsets as well!

BTW, I am glad the tracker is still alive and well after all this time. Good sign indeed!
I am not insain, I have just been evilly reprogrammed. -Cyber-Lip