Chat

Author Topic: Requests! (Don't ask for new systems, that will be decided by a poll)  (Read 189767 times)

Offline franciscod

• REMEMBER DelekSMAF
Requests! (Don't ask for new systems, that will be decided by a poll)
« Reply #630 on: March 29, 2018, 02:25:38 AM »
I think it would be neat to have an automatic "optimize instruments" option that would remove all unused instruments and automatically rearrange instrument numbers in the song.

Sounds awesome :)

Offline vee

• Delek FTW
DefleMask not running without graphics card installed
« Reply #631 on: April 03, 2018, 05:08:21 AM »
I don't have my graphics card installed and tried to install DefleMask and I got this ERROR:
    Impossible to create the Window. Please update your Videocard/OpenGL drivers. CODE: 0xF4E7372F

It's not a heavy software, why does it need a graphics card to run? :(

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #632 on: April 03, 2018, 05:32:10 PM »
Defle requires OpenGL 2.0 because reasons, will be fixed on next update.

Offline franciscod

• REMEMBER DelekSMAF
« Reply #633 on: April 03, 2018, 07:06:33 PM »
I don't have my graphics card installed and tried to install DefleMask and I got this ERROR:
    Impossible to create the Window. Please update your Videocard/OpenGL drivers. CODE: 0xF4E7372F

That's weird. Do you have graphic drivers installed?

DefleMask runs on "netbooks" with Intel Atom CPUs with very limited graphics capabilities... what computer are you running it on?

Offline franciscod

• REMEMBER DelekSMAF
« Reply #634 on: April 03, 2018, 07:08:25 PM »
Hopefully this is a simple request.

I love Deflemask but it is very cumbersome to use in Linux as I have to install quite a few i386 libraries every time I want to use it. When I got back to programming I usually have to re-install all of my 64-bit libraries which makes switching between these two things a pain. Could you please build a 64-bit version of DefleMask for Linux? I would also be more than happy to port it if you don't have time. I think this is one of the best trackers out there for classic systems so it would be worthwhile.

Cheers.

What Linux distro are you running? It should run okay on 64bit systems, for example here's an AUR package (for Arch Linux): https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/deflemask/

Offline vee

• Delek FTW
« Reply #635 on: April 04, 2018, 03:59:49 AM »

DefleMask runs on "netbooks" with Intel Atom CPUs with very limited graphics capabilities... what computer are you running it on?

When I install Catalyst, windows doesn't boot up, I got my graphics card fixed but after 3 months it's doing it again.
I'm getting a new graphics card.

Offline franciscod

• REMEMBER DelekSMAF
« Reply #636 on: April 04, 2018, 11:36:39 PM »

When I install Catalyst, windows doesn't boot up, I got my graphics card fixed but after 3 months it's doing it again.

Okay but even without a graphics card it should work, unless your integrated video is *really* old. That's why I'm asking about the computer you're using

Offline vee

• Delek FTW
« Reply #637 on: April 08, 2018, 05:27:25 AM »

Okay but even without a graphics card it should work, unless your integrated video is *really* old. That's why I'm asking about the computer you're using

I's not integrated, it's an AMD HD6600. Like Delek said it needs OpenGL 2 to run.
I'm in the process of buying a new Graphics Card, that's why I don't have my Graphics Card's Software (Catalyst) installed.

Offline lazygecko

• Delek FTW
« Reply #638 on: May 03, 2018, 07:10:33 AM »
Is it possible to extend the octave range of 2612/FM chips so that they can play lower pitches than currently allowed? It may seem like a trivial feature at a glance but this is actually pretty important for specific types of sound design, primarily due to how the instrument detune parameters scale with higher mult values. For example it's currently impossible to accurately reproduce the droning, heavy unison-esque sounds from Jesper Kyd soundtracks because the instruments rely on unusually high mult values played at very  low octaves for the desired effect.

Offline Raijin

« Reply #639 on: May 03, 2018, 06:44:37 PM »
I second Gecko's request. To add onto what he said, someone who disassembled Jesper Kyd's driver has confirmed it uses up to the lowest possible frequencies the YM2612 is capable of producing (around octave -2. Yes, negative 2. I think that would be negative 3 in Deflemask since it starts at octave 0 though). Additionally, there are some frequencies slightly higher, above octave 8, that the YM2612 is also capable of.
There are some percussion sounds in Red Zone for example that are 100% impossible to recreate in Deflemask at the moment, because it plays at such a low frequency. Full octave range would be a fantastic addition.

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #640 on: May 04, 2018, 11:30:46 AM »
Yeah, the chip can go down to 0hz but the accuracy will be compromised under octave 0. We will look into this. I'm worried about how to display in the tracker < 0 octaves now.

Offline Raijin

« Reply #641 on: May 04, 2018, 01:26:08 PM »
Would it be possible to display special characters? Maybe you can display the negative numbers like this "C-1 C-2" and so on.
As for the keyboard display, there are players that just show the default 1-8 octaves, and the negative octaves show on C-1 (C-0 in Defle). Maybe Deflemask can do this too, unless you feel like expanding the keyboard.

Offline SriK

• Delek FTW
    • Email
« Reply #642 on: September 04, 2018, 01:05:19 AM »
Is it possible to add a song-wide volume multiplier? If not for every chip, then at least for those with granular volume control (e.g. YM2151 + Sega PCM)?

I'm currently composing the soundtrack for my game with DefleMask (working with another composer), and a feature like this would really help in regards to mixing. For example, if I have a song composed at full volume and I want to bring up the bass instrument a ton, my only real option is to raise the volume, then work through the resulting clipping by slowly rebalancing all the other channels with Ctrl+F1/Ctrl+F2 (or trying to make the other channels softer at the exact points where I hear clips, or trying to balance FM / PCM volume parameters). It isn't a huge deal when you have a system with 5 simple sound channels like the NES, but our game is composed entirely using YM2151 + Sega PCM (13 channels, most of which are usually playing).
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 01:07:48 AM by SriK »