Chat

Author Topic: Requests! (Don't ask for new systems, that will be decided by a poll)  (Read 209139 times)

Offline ThatDamnNekomimi

• Just a Nekomimi that's learning chiptunes.
    • Email
Requests! (Don't ask for new systems, that will be decided by a poll)
« Reply #645 on: December 22, 2018, 06:16:00 PM »
What about supporting more the extra soundchips for NES and maybe some SNES support?

Offline learninglab

• Delek FTW
    • Email
« Reply #646 on: January 09, 2019, 04:38:19 PM »
i have a suggestion for helping with workflow. vgm music maker has a hotkey (enter) that lets you play the whole row only while the button is pressed. allowing you to "step" through each line to check your work. while composing within the program this is super helpful and fast for messing with harmonies of chords. press enter, hear only one row, hear a mistake, arrow key up just one row to the mistake, change it, press enter again to hear if its fixed.

in deflemask im finding it quite tedious to utilize "play from position" and have it keep scrolling, sometimes into the next pattern, when all i need to hear is one note. then having to page up, or click on the pattern the program ran over just to get back and do it all again lol.

I would love to see the addition of a new hotkey that allows you to play an entire row with each press in order to alleviate the cursor going 90 miles away from what you are trying to work on.

Offline freezedream

• digital music artist
    • Bandcamp Music
    • Email
« Reply #647 on: February 02, 2019, 09:15:26 AM »
Hi Delek,

I have two feature requests:

1. Could you please add a track play timer. You know, one that starts when you hit play and shows you how long your track plays for - that would be really useful!

2. Could you please add the possibility to copy groups of patterns in one chunk. I mean so you could for example in the pattern sequence editor hold shift and use the arrow keys to highlight a block group of patterns together, then hit copy, then move to where you'd like to paste all those patterns and then paste them all there. In addition it would be good if you could add a duplicate checkbox or button so that instead of simply copying the patterns, they are copied and then when pasted the pattern numbers are all incremented so you effectively then have brand new patterns with the same data in them. That would make arranging tracks not so much of a nightmare!

Thank you for considering these ideas!

Offline EnderDude

• Delek FTW
« Reply #648 on: May 20, 2019, 03:37:04 AM »
Can you easily implement the arpeggio function for FM instruments? That would be great.

Offline SeregaZ

• Delek FTW
« Reply #649 on: May 23, 2019, 09:10:00 AM »
can you make one small thing?

maximum patterns can be as 127. it is .b type - byte. -127 up to 127. can it be changed to .a type? ancii how it names... 0 up to 255?

//PATTERN MATRIX VALUES (A matrix of SYSTEM_TOTAL_CHANNELS x TOTAL_ROWS_IN_PATTERN_MATRIX)
Repeat this SYSTEM_TOTAL_CHANNELS times
   Repeat this TOTAL_ROWS_IN_PATTERN_MATRIX times
      1 Byte: Pattern Matrix Value: (Index from SYSTEM_TOTAL_CHANNELS loop, Index from TOTAL_ROWS_IN_PATTERN_MATRIX loop)

with this 255 maximum value i can import more notes from midi file.

same is need to be done with 0B effect, that is make loop. i dont know wich type of param this effect have, but it need to .a type too, for correct jump to place, that will be over 127 value for pattern number.

not important: i am not familiar with Deflemask and it have a dificult navigation. can it have some search button? where i can set what exactly i want to search - note, or effect, or volume or whatever patterns can have. and this search will jump into that row and that pattern, where is lay that item, that i am search.

next not importand - can it have button: "remove all not using instruments" ?

* later update post
for this two items i am make my own software:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 12:28:38 PM by SeregaZ »

Offline MechanicalPaladin

« Reply #650 on: May 25, 2019, 06:37:20 AM »
GameBoy .mod format export.

There is a new GameBoy sdk called GB Studio.
You can easily make simple games with it but it only supports .mod files for music, meaning that you'd have to compose your music in OpenMPT or MilkyTracker.

Here is the music documentation page for GB Studio https://www.gbstudio.dev/docs/music/

Offline venimousvernon

• Delek FTW
« Reply #651 on: July 06, 2019, 05:04:59 PM »
huge request: make the interface more accessible to screen reader users (this is the only reason I don't use this tracker. bambootracker, for pc98, is more accessible and can load dmp instruments, but hasn't had the fanfair it deserved. And no, the fact the pc98 wasn't released outside japan is not a valad excuse. the touhou series alone is aufen creditted (along with the nintendo/hudson deal) for a relatively recent boom in interest for japanese computers in the west.