Chat

Author Topic: Samples not loading  (Read 149 times)

Offline BrokenSilence312

• Delek FTW
Samples not loading
« on: July 10, 2017, 12:42:22 AM »
Hello everyone!  I'm new to this program, and I'm gradually learning more and more everyday.  However, recently I've been trying to upload my own samples to use for the Genesis.  But no matter what I do, they will not load.  When I select one, nothing happens.  They are wav files.  I've tried 8 and 16 bit depths, 32, 22.050, 16, 11.025 kHz, but no matter how I save the file I can't upload them.  I'm not sure if I'm just missing something.  But any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Offline JetStar1997

• I like trains, planes, trucks, and retro games!
    • YouTube channel
    • Email
Samples not loading
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 01:44:37 AM »
Have you tried with 8000kHz .wav files? Apparently, they must be at least 64kb in order to load (sometimes, a .wav file that's over 64kb might load up, at which it'll cap at that size). 16-bit PCM .wav files apparently loads up when 8-bit .wav files won't load up at all (at least from my experience).

Offline BrokenSilence312

• Delek FTW
Samples not loading
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 02:08:24 AM »
I thought the file size might have something to do with it.  The last one I had was 35kb though.  I just tried a 8khz file at 8 bit and 16 bit and neither one worked.  I have no problems loading the samples that came with the program, but just can't seem to upload my own.

Offline JetStar1997

• YouTube channel
    • Email
Samples not loading
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 02:12:10 AM »
Which program do you use to export the .wav files? I use Audacity (which is probably the most popular audio program) and it had worked with almost every .wav file I had used on Deflemask. Perhaps you can try making your .wav files less than one second long?

Offline BrokenSilence312

• Delek FTW
Samples not loading
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 10:18:58 AM »
I'm exporting them straight from Pro Tools actually.  Not sure if that matters or not.

Offline JetStar1997

• YouTube channel
    • Email
Samples not loading
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 01:08:47 PM »
Try Audacity, and see if exporting the .wav files from it would work with Deflemask.

Offline Paul999

• Ugrrr... Trakeando sistemas...
    • Email
Samples not loading
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 01:34:03 PM »
Try Audacity, and see if exporting the .wav files from it would work with Deflemask.
They will be used from sound programs edited by Wavosaur, GoldWave and Audacity, and made to be saved or exported.

Offline Genatari

• \_(ツ)_/
Samples not loading
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 06:21:07 PM »
Have you tried with 8000kHz .wav files? Apparently, they must be at least 64kb in order to load (sometimes, a .wav file that's over 64kb might load up, at which it'll cap at that size). 16-bit PCM .wav files apparently loads up when 8-bit .wav files won't load up at all (at least from my experience).

I don't think file size is an issue as I can import a 380KB sample just fine.
nice >:]

Offline marcb0t

Samples not loading
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2017, 04:39:27 PM »
Gentari,

File sizes greater than 64KB are just fine. The problem is with file sizes that are less than that.

This is why your sample works perfectly fine.

However, the OP was trying to import a file at only 35KB. Perhaps it's possible that it's too small for the Deflemask program. Or the more likely issue is with the Pro Tools export protocols he's been using.

I recommend Wavosaur for general sample editing.

Offline Demick12

• Sealed for freshness past the expiration date...
    • Email
Samples not loading
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 12:41:18 AM »
IDK if anyone ran into this issue like me, but:

I work with FL Studio, and the ".wav" samples they have are NOT the ".wav" samples we are all accustomed to working with. They are either compressed or OGG.

This said, in FL a sample file will have a ".wav" extension, but will be a totally different type of file entirely. Of course, ".wav" files are originally Microsoft Wave and are usually 8-bit Signed, 16-bit Signed, or 32-bit Float. Therein lies the confusion, and imagine my chagrin when trying to import DAW samples straight from FL the first time. Damn near flung my keyboard across the room.

So - if one is trying to use DAW samples, be damn sure it IS actually".wav" before you import it into DM. So, yeah. Run the samples through Audacity or sound editor of choice and get them converted that way.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 12:44:28 AM by Demick12 »
I am not insain, I have just been evilly reprogrammed. -Cyber-Lip