Chat

Author Topic: The Atari PoKey on Deflemask  (Read 787 times)

Offline EnderDude

• Delek FTW
The Atari PoKey on Deflemask
« on: September 23, 2018, 11:10:48 pm »
I'm telling you all, the PoKey would be a great addition, as it can do quite a bit. Instrumentarium by Analog multiplexer is a prime example.

Offline Bruce A. Dyson

• A fan of sound hardware
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 12:07:01 pm »
I would like this chip to be supported, in both mono and stereo configurations. The PoKey chip can be used for things Raster Music Tracker has no support for.

But this won't be likely, as SNES SPC support has been begged quite often here on this forum.

Offline EnderDude

• Delek FTW
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 01:53:07 am »
Oy.. oy.. oy.... The SNES... THE SNES?! It's basically an 8-channel PAULA chip, except with a memory limitation of 64 KB! There's already a pretty good tracker for it: SNESGSS. In fact, I've made Green Hill Zone in that tracker...

Offline nitrofurano

• Delek FTW
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 12:09:29 am »
i think pokey is not enough - would be great if deflemask could support all sound chips supported from the last specification of vgm format - for example, i have no idea how to compose an ay-3-8910 + k051649 tune on deflemask, or using ym2203 x2, etc.

for now, in the meanwhile, what i?m trying to do is to edit text fies with commented hexdumps, and having a makefile that calls a bash script that converts these hexdumps into a vgm file and play it (Geany is great for that, we just need to edit this text file, and press shift+f9 for running the makefile )

Offline EnderDude

• Delek FTW
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 11:42:07 pm »
I think that a wide variety of chips (if not, all) should be available to be used in Deflemask for the sake of convenience of only doing a mere few clicks to convert a song from one system to another.