Chat

Author Topic: Windows XP  (Read 164 times)

Offline IOwnMyWiiULEGIT

• Composer
    • Email
Windows XP
« on: August 16, 2017, 03:33:29 PM »
Hello,

Since using MAC for nearly all my computing needs, I have fallen off the way Windows computers seem to function.  My last was a Dell running XP.  Will the most current version of DefleMask run on my XP Dell?  The computer has been taken offline for security reasons and I have been transporting software via USB stick from current PCs.  It would be nice to put this old computer to work and fully utilize its potential. 

My most recent attempt to run DefleMask was by downloading and unzipping the file, putting the unzipped files on a USB stick, and uploading to the older computer.   When I ran the .exe file the program seemed to run but only showed a window with DefleMask as the title and inside was a screenshot of my desktop.  Some of my other programs run that way too, but only the ones I downloaded recently using 7zip.  What might the issue be?  I am trying to figure it but am a bit lost. 

Thanks for your time.  Please feel free to PM me.

JetStar1997

Windows XP
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 04:48:17 PM »
Deflemask runs fine on my Windows XP SP3 machine. Try putting the .zip itself inside the USB stick and extract it in your Dell XP machine to see if it'll work.

Offline IOwnMyWiiULEGIT

• Composer
    • Email
Windows XP
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 05:12:36 PM »
Got it to work.  Extracted the .zip from the USB stick using 7zip instead of the computer's old free version of WinZip.  Thank you for the tip.  I'll get the hang of Windows again soon.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 07:49:10 PM by IOwnMyWiiULEGIT »

Offline Therektafire

• Delek FTW
    • Email
Windows XP
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 06:46:11 PM »
Good advice jetstar, in general unless the developer explicitly states the program can be run from usb it's best to actually copy it to the computer :)