Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
My original cover was pretty crap, though this makes me want to do another one to see if I can top you. :P

Nice work!

Thanks! By the way, I don't mind if you top me (or try to) as I like to make/cover music just for fun and everyone has their own unique take on how they cover songs where it is to try to match the style of the original while making use of the increased number of channels or to mix in their own style with the song. I have a quite a knack for adding in a chord where the original doesn't (say due to limited number of channels), so I like adding in that to any song I cover. I have done something like it in my Sega Arcade X/Y cover of Triflake's Snowbank.
My original cover was pretty crap, though this makes me want to do another one to see if I can top you. :P

Nice work!
Show Off Your Work / Re: Video game music cover thread
« Last post by KillaMaaki on August 18, 2017, 03:37:37 AM »
Got a cover of Hazardous Highway, from Kingdom Hearts 2 (the theme of both the "Ancient Highway" and "Broken Highway" Gummi routes). I've tried this cover a couple of times before and had trouble with it, but I think I did pretty well this time!
I also incorporated some elements from the 2.5 HD re-release version of the song which added a new guitar solo among other things.

https://instaud.io/1buo
« Last post by Michirin9801 on August 18, 2017, 01:06:43 AM »
so much SoR needs covered lol... it's hard to decide on which one should be next.
I feel ya...
Show Off Your Work / Re: [YM2612] Electro House Sketch
« Last post by MegaSphere on August 17, 2017, 10:45:41 PM »
Just had to revive this topic to say...

This tune made me decide to use the Genesis as a platform for writing game music.

Absolutely awesome work!
That's great to hear! Looking forward to hearing any crazy FM shenanigans from ya.
« Last post by Fragmare on August 17, 2017, 07:41:03 PM »
You should really consider doing Dreamer Fragmare! That's like, my favourite SoR song, and this Go Straight cover is spot-on...
If you did Dreamer it would probably be more accurate than if I did it, and that would mean that I don't have to do it so I could do more Final Fight 3 music instead ;P

Dreamer!   ;D  That is definitely one i want to cover, and I mean like, SOON.  Moon Beach and Under Logic are up there too.  Title Intro, Wave 131, Super Threc, Attack The Barbarian, Keep The Groovin, Slow Moon, among others... so much SoR needs covered lol... it's hard to decide on which one should be next.
« Last post by Michirin9801 on August 17, 2017, 02:39:23 PM »
You should really consider doing Dreamer Fragmare! That's like, my favourite SoR song, and this Go Straight cover is spot-on...
If you did Dreamer it would probably be more accurate than if I did it, and that would mean that I don't have to do it so I could do more Final Fight 3 music instead ;P
General / Re: Chipifier - A PC-Engine wavetable ripper for Deflemask!
« Last post by Michirin9801 on August 17, 2017, 02:34:41 PM »
I've worked with the .dmw format before in my LSDJ Synth mod for deflemask so I might try and write a small too to convert a text file to .dmw
That would be nice
General / Re: Chipifier - A PC-Engine wavetable ripper for Deflemask!
« Last post by Pegmode on August 17, 2017, 03:47:23 AM »
It would be easier if Deflemask supported Hex waves and a "copy/paste wave" function, but as it stands you'll have to copy each value one by one...

You have no idea how much pain the process of manually inputting wavetables has caused me. Normally I use keyboard macros to copy values over but Deflemask doesn't use standard MML wavetable strings and gets picky if you don't put a 0 in front of the single digit values.
Also deleting the old default values is a pain because you have to use the arrow key to move the cursor to the last sample then hold backspace to delete the old values, which takes a VERY long time. Having that box where you input the values act more like a normal text box where you can select all the values, delete them then copy a string in would be a life saver.

I've worked with the .dmw format before in my LSDJ Synth mod for deflemask so I might try and write a small too to convert a text file to .dmw
Site Suggestions / Re: I got banned from the Deflemask Discord!
« Last post by Delek on August 17, 2017, 02:07:44 AM »
You can tell me what extensions would be cool to add into the forum and I will happily add them to the list of accepted filenames.

VGZ please!
Done
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10