Chat

Author Topic: [SPC700] Sonic The Hedgehog - Green Hill Zone (For The SNES!)  (Read 1698 times)

Offline EnderDude

• Delek FTW
Shout-outs to Delek for transposing the original track on Deflemask.  :)
I REALLY LIKE GREEN HILL ZONE THE MUSIC IS THE BEST SONIC SONG EVER  :D :D :D*Ahem
This is a music piece made from SNES GSS. Again, I've used custom instruments for this, and it actually sounds very different from what you call 'SNESy'
I'm really proud of my work. Here's a Youtube video of it in oscilloscope view: (The SPC & MP3 downloads are in the description)
Have a nice day!  ;D

Offline ramen_oranges

• (haha haha yeah)
[SPC700] Sonic The Hedgehog - Green Hill Zone (For The SNES!)
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 01:01:33 pm »
The SPC700 can definitely mimic the YM2612 quite well, clever idea sampling the original FM patches. The ASDR for certain instruments could use some adjustment, but other than that, I don't see any major problems in your cover, nice job!  :D
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 01:04:38 pm by ramen_oranges »

Offline EnderDude

• Delek FTW
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 02:16:23 pm »
Thanks for saying that! The reason that the ASDR has been compromised was because I was trying to hide the fact that I can't find the waveform where it 'naturally' fits, and just so you know how much of the 64 kilobytes of the spc700's memory I used, well...

I know that I could've done downsampling, but then it would sound muffled (of course).
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 02:18:46 pm by EnderDude »

Offline lazygecko

• Delek FTW
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 06:02:16 pm »
The PSG tone is out of tune, so you may want to fix that. Unless it was a deliberate creative choice for a more authentic SNES sound ;)