Chat

Author Topic: [YM2151] Original Funk song. New part added  (Read 2361 times)

Offline LordHypnos

• Delek FTW
[YM2151] Original Funk song. New part added
« on: February 02, 2016, 11:58:21 pm »
This one uses the same key change technique as an earlier one of my songs, "Diminishing changes," but it is pretty much completely original otherwise. It's a good deal more complex both in terms of polyphony and song structure. I'd be interested to know if anyone thinks any parts could use fleshing out or something, as it's still quite short. My favorite part is actually probably the very last part (last 5 patterns).

I guess I'm sticking with the name "Blue Crow," because now it's on youtube, therefore it is fact.

Added a part (in v4)

Uploaded to Youtube:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 02:41:28 pm by LordHypnos »

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
[YM2151] Original Funk song... yet unnamed
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 12:01:30 am »
Wow the tempo is ultra rare and the slow pitch bends makes the entire feel like it is the representation of an alcoholic brain, that's not a bad thing but the name of the track should be something related to this.

Offline LordHypnos

• Delek FTW
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 12:02:47 am »
Wow the tempo is ultra rare and the slow pitch bends makes the entire feel like it is the representation of an alcoholic brain, that's not a bad thing but the name of the track should be something related to this.
Cool, I appreciate the suggestion  :) That will help me name it for sure

Offline LeCheeseMaster16

• I like cheese :)
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 12:04:38 am »
im jamming to this funk right now \ :P /
youtube channel

Create and perform musics for a living :D

Offline Heavy Viper

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 05:36:57 am »
Some lovely little harmonisations in this one, Hypnos. Definitely makes me think of a bar or run-down setting.

Offline LordHypnos

• Delek FTW
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 04:17:37 am »
Here, I added a part! (see first post) Hopefully it doesn't feel like padding. I think it adds a little as the whole thing was pretty short. Now it's a good solid 2 minutes or so. Well, that's still pretty short -_-; At least it doesn't repeat very much.

I'm not sure if I'll stick with the name I currently have ("Blue Crow"). It's the name of the bar on Callisto in Cowboy Bebop where Faye ended up after running away from the Bebop. Also, I think we met some characters from Spike's past there. One of them was a musician IIRC.

Some lovely little harmonisations in this one, Hypnos. Definitely makes me think of a bar or run-down setting.
Thanks. I put a lot of effort into getting interesting / nice sounding chords and harmonies   ;D
Turns out polyphony takes forever. lol. Actually I already knew that. That's actually a bit of a drawback with 2151. I feel like I need to use all 8 channels.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 04:22:00 am by LordHypnos »

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 03:23:05 pm »
Someone should make a Sumotori Dreams 16bits version with this music! xD It is awesome!

Offline LordHypnos

• Delek FTW
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 03:23:00 am »
Someone should make a Sumotori Dreams 16bits version with this music! xD It is awesome!
Thanks  8)