Chat

Author Topic: [YM2151] Original: Metal Deathmachine  (Read 1469 times)

Offline LordHypnos

• Delek FTW
[YM2151] Original: Metal Deathmachine
« on: February 22, 2016, 04:46:46 pm »
So, the idea here was to make some intense boss music.  There is like an ambientish intro followed by a more proper intro, and the idea there was to have maybe a cutscene or animation going on prior to the boss fight proper, and then it repeats only the things after the intros to maintain the pacing of the battle. Unfortunately there is no actual boss battle to go with this, but it should still be pretty enjoyable, I hope  ;D . The other idea behind the intro was just that I accidentally came up with this weird pulsing thing when trying to make some FM patch or other, and wanted to use it :P .

Regarding the mix here: I'm not great at mixing (would love some tips on this, btw), but I was at first trying to have both lead guitar lines panned center with echoes panned to the sides (Which I had luck with when making "Waltzing into Hell" Although, I think in that case the leads had different tones. When trying to do that here, I ended up with a muddy mess, even after I lowered the instrument volumes to the level where you could hear the drums (I think I need louder drum samples, lol), so I ended up deciding to pan the lead guitars and then have the echoes be centered instead. I left the guitars centered in a few places that had both lead and rhythm where I found both to be adequately audible, and then in the second to last section panned the lead and rhythm to opposite sides because I thought it sounded better

EDIT: One more thing! The samples are mostly from Panorama Cotton for Genesis, minus the crash and hihat which are from  Landstalker and F-117 Night Storm respectively.

So, without further ado, the song!

« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 08:12:48 pm by LordHypnos »

Offline Delek

• Sali para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
[YM2151] Original: Metal Deathmachine
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 10:06:41 am »
Sounds full of energy!!! Run from that boss!!! Congrats

Offline LordHypnos

• Delek FTW