Chat

Author Topic: [YM2151] Original: Windy Weather  (Read 1649 times)

Offline LordHypnos

• Delek FTW
[YM2151] Original: Windy Weather
« on: May 09, 2016, 01:37:41 am »
So, I was listening through some of my many incomplete tracks that I had sitting around, and found one that seemed nice. Not long after, I realized it had some weird accidental in the first riff making it E phrygian, but I had already composed some stuff in E minor, so I just kinda went with it. I think I managed to pull it off, but IDK. I guess you'll have to see for yourselves. I'm definitely happier with some parts than others. All original FM instruments with kick and hats from Mars Matrix and snare from one of the casio sets. Was quite a bit inspired by Solomonster's Sonic 1 inspired tracks, but also a little bit from Battle Garegga. Not sure how similar it ended up being to those, but just thought I'd throw it out there. Not that I think it ended up on that level, or anything.

Would love some feedback and all that jazz ;) .

« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 12:03:55 am by LordHypnos »

Offline Alianger

• Super Sugoyim
    • Mini-Revver
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 10:33:41 am »
Sounds good, and I really like the brass lead part.
YT channel (MD music, romhacks, misc gaming): https://www.youtube.com/user/Alianger/videos

Offline Solomonster

• xXxbootyjuice69XxX
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 06:27:11 am »
One criticism I have is that the melodies seem to lack focus in many places. I think the leads and counter lines would benefit from clearer accents and high points, and being less busy in some places. I like this a lot, though. The harmonic structure is tense and interesting but still pleasant to listen to, the contrapuntal texture is dynamic, the waves of intensity are well balanced and all the ideas introduced are developed satisfactorily. Really good song here.

Was quite a bit inspired by Solomonster's Sonic 1 inspired tracks
I'm not crying right now btw
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 06:35:34 am by Solomonster »
aspiring composer, I like fm a lot https://soundcloud.com/solomonster3

Offline LordHypnos

• Delek FTW
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 10:58:07 pm »
^Hey thanks for the feedback!  ;D
Yeah, I couldn't really put my finger on it, but I think that that's what was bothering me about this piece, as well.

Offline LordHypnos

• Delek FTW
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 12:04:31 am »
uploaded to youtube!  3am will be next.