Chat

Author Topic: Video game music cover thread  (Read 81947 times)

JetStar1997

Video game music cover thread
« Reply #810 on: August 21, 2017, 03:14:24 PM »
Another NES to C64 "conversion" I made back in February, except it relies on arpeggios.

JetStar1997

« Reply #811 on: August 28, 2017, 02:44:43 PM »
So, this is my PCE cover of Type II from Thunder Blade again. It's the same as before, except I replaced Michirin's Kick, Snare, and Hat instruments with my own versions (no sampled instruments, by the way). The previous version using Michirin's percussion is available in a previous post on this thread.

Offline Michirin9801

« Reply #812 on: August 29, 2017, 12:44:40 AM »
So, this is my PCE cover of Type II from Thunder Blade again. It's the same as before, except I replaced Michirin's Kick, Snare, and Hat instruments with my own versions (no sampled instruments, by the way). The previous version using Michirin's percussion is available in a previous post on this thread.
They sound fine ^^

Offline Michirin9801

« Reply #813 on: September 03, 2017, 03:09:30 AM »
I made another cover from Super Adventure Island II
This time it's the epic and beautiful Hiya Hiya Island theme!
I hope you like it ^^

Offline RetrogamerFeminist

• I'm shitting a cow
    • Email
« Reply #814 on: September 08, 2017, 08:10:07 PM »
I've made a SEGA Genesis remix of plural Super Metroid musics here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WOFjX_dipQ&t=130s. I tried to make the most realistic instrumentation as possible constrary like a lots of SEGA Genesis remixes wich use more synth intruments. I realy fucking need your opinion because I've got practicaly no coments on my channel.  ;)

I'm not sure to do the rest of the soundtrack

Offline Michirin9801

« Reply #815 on: September 22, 2017, 03:49:07 AM »
I've covered this beautiful song from Ys 1 which unfortunately went unused until the later remakes...
I hope you like it ^^

Offline Alianger

• Super Sugoyim
    • Mini-Revver
    • Email
« Reply #816 on: September 23, 2017, 03:16:51 PM »
Covered and remade Stage 1B from Thunder Force II.
YT channel (MD music, romhacks, misc gaming): https://www.youtube.com/user/Alianger/videos

Offline Michirin9801

« Reply #817 on: September 23, 2017, 04:05:54 PM »
Pretty good Alianger ^^

Offline Alianger

• Super Sugoyim
    • Mini-Revver
    • Email
« Reply #818 on: September 23, 2017, 08:12:07 PM »

I suppose there's room for improvement in the intro, had to try and compensate for stuff going a bit out of tune for no reason.
YT channel (MD music, romhacks, misc gaming): https://www.youtube.com/user/Alianger/videos

JetStar1997

« Reply #819 on: September 24, 2017, 12:31:36 AM »
The other day, I tried to improve upon my Genesis cover of the ruins theme from Undertale. For comparison, here is version 1.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 12:53:05 AM by JetStar1997 »

Offline Michirin9801

« Reply #820 on: September 24, 2017, 06:48:56 PM »
"Michirin doing a Master System cover?! What gives?!?!" Yeah I really don't do these often, but for once I thought this song would sound good enough with just 3 square waves...

This is Gohan's theme from DBZ Super Butouden 2, I LOVE this song, it's beautiful and I've been wanting to cover it forever! But I was just never able to wrap my head around it, so I took the easy route and based this cover on SpoonyBard's Genesis version... However, as you can probably see, I didn't simply copy his version and pasted onto the SMS, I reckon that would have been a little shameless, so I instead adapted what he did in a way which I felt more comfortable with, which I thought would sound as good as I could make it on the SMS, and which would minimise loss of musical detail from sound-clipping if it was actually put in an SMS game (so long as the sound effects played on channels 2 or 4)

A PC engine version is soon to come!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-{ E D I T }-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

It's done! PC engine version added. I hope you like it ^^
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 10:52:53 PM by Michirin9801 »

JetStar1997

« Reply #821 on: September 26, 2017, 11:47:37 AM »
A version of my PCE cover of Sonic 2 - Chemical Plant Zone with non-sampled percussion (I think I'm getting used to making PCE song without using any samples now). For the version with sampled percussion, you can click this sentence.

Offline Michirin9801

« Reply #822 on: October 02, 2017, 04:53:28 AM »
Heyo! Here's some Spriggan music, I hope you like it!

Offline KillaMaaki

« Reply #823 on: October 04, 2017, 08:46:18 AM »
A cover of the "Ordon Village" theme from Twilight Princess on the YM2151, pure FM.

Offline Michirin9801

« Reply #824 on: October 04, 2017, 06:26:26 PM »
Have you ever heard a Game Boy song and thought: "This belongs on the PC engine"?
To me, this is one of them, so I did the sensible thing and covered it on the PCE ;3

I normally cover songs from systems that have more channels than the PCE, so I'm always juggling what to keep in and what to leave out, even if I often manage to keep everything in and even leave room for delay/reverb, but since this time I've covered a song from a system with less channels than the PCE I was able to not just keep everything in, but also take a few creative liberties and add some stuff in, like for example, power-chording the sawtooth leads and having detuned reverb throughout the entire track!

I hope you like it ^^