Chat

Author Topic: Offical FM Instrument Thread  (Read 28022 times)

Offline Speedy

• Tan tan ta ta ta tan
    • YouTube Channel
Offical FM Instrument Thread
« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2016, 05:36:09 PM »
Some instruments I use frequently that I like. GUITAR.dmp is the guitar that Compile used in some of their PC-98 games (Rude Breaker, Puyo Puyo) and Guitar2 is a guitar that I might have gotten from Valis. I don't remember to be honest but it sounds nice.

Offline rob2612

• Delek FTW
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2016, 05:31:38 AM »
Aly James released a TFI pack exported from 600+ games, resulting in 33,000+ .tfi patches. http://www.alyjameslab.com/ajlab_files/TFI_20SOUND_20PACK.zip

Offline SpoonyBard

• Global Moderator
  • Music's in my name!
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2017, 10:47:14 PM »
This thread's looking a little dead, so I've come to put life back into it!

Thanks to somebody in the forum chat, I found out about MDPlayer, which actually lets me play music from arcade games that I can't get working in Hoot! The list mostly includes western arcade games like Mortal Kombat, Smash TV and the like, so now I've got a instrument set from the very first game to ever use the YM2151 chip: Marble Madness!

After going through the soundtrack, I honestly think this would make a great starting arcade instrument pack for DefleMask, so maybe it might happen? Who knows?
Music truly is without age.

Offline punkofthedeath

• Delek FTW
« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2017, 10:26:40 AM »
My squarish metallic dubstep bass

Offline Alianger

• Super Sugoyim
    • Mini-Revver
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2017, 12:37:34 PM »
Anyone have a Grounseed instrument pack to upload? Only been able to find instruments from the shop track.

Or, if anyone can help with getting the ost to play in hoot that would be helpful too.

Edit: Uploading some recent YM2151 packs I've made. Some are incomplete due to certain tracks not being rippable with any of the tools I have.

Metal Hawk X68k (fan conv, mdx music)
Can Can Bunny Extra - nice calm stuff, incomplete
Valkyrie no Densetsu ARC fan stuff (mxdr neko 68k, mxdr - game, namco, valkyrie)
Valkyrie no Densetsu NES (fan remakes X68K - mxdr neko, namco)
Valkyrie no Densetsu (X68K fan conv - mdx music, namco, legend of valkyrie)
Dragon Saber (X68K fan conv, mdx music, namco)
Armed Police Batrider (X68K fan conv, mdx music, raizing)
Armed Police Batrider ARC - very incomplete
Burning Force (YM2151) - Incomplete
Metal Hawk - very incomplete
Knight Arms X68K (including some fan remakes)
Valkyrie no Densetsu ARC - incomplete see inside
Dragon Saber ARC - very incomplete
Starblade ARC - very incomplete

https://files.fm/u/tcepqqks
I couldn't attach it.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 12:48:51 PM by Alianger »
YT channel (MD music, romhacks, misc gaming): https://www.youtube.com/user/Alianger/videos

Offline djmaximum

• Email
« Reply #95 on: July 08, 2017, 05:55:04 PM »
Here's a collection of FM instruments I made in TFM Music Maker. They are only compatible with the YM2612.
Other places where you can find my music.
my chiptune up
my chipmusic
my BOTB

Offline Paul999

• Ugrrr... Trakeando sistemas...
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2017, 04:26:07 AM »
They need to rip, convert or add a YM2151 FM instruments on arcade systems and companies from Williams, Midway, Capcom CPS1 and Data East from other systems using YM2151, which use .dmp or .tfi FM instrument files because that's okay.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 09:20:16 PM by Paul999 »

JetStar1997

« Reply #97 on: July 10, 2017, 01:57:48 PM »
Here are three FM percussion instruments made by me. I have used the kick and snare on two songs I have made. The kick drum sounds best on C#0, the snare sounds best on F#3, and the hi-hat will sound good on C-5 and higher with an effect of EC02 (note cut effect), but you can experiment with how you would want them to sound. The instruments were made for the YM2151, but they work fine on the YM2612.

Edit (7/16/2017): I forgot to include a tom drum instrument (that I call TomTom). This instrument probably sounds best from C-5 to C-6 with an effect of 0290 (downpitch effect), but you can experiment with it to suit your preference. Also, to Paul999, I never requested anything at all.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 10:15:49 PM by JetStar1997 »

Offline Paul999

• Ugrrr... Trakeando sistemas...
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2017, 09:21:58 PM »
They need to rip, convert or add a YM2151 FM instruments on arcade systems and companies from Williams, Midway, Capcom CPS1 and Data East from other systems using YM2151, which use .dmp or .tfi FM instrument files because that's okay.
Sorry JetStar1997  :(
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 06:55:58 PM by Paul999 »

Offline venimousvernon

• Delek FTW
« Reply #99 on: July 07, 2019, 04:30:00 PM »
Alianger, that link you just sent is dead. What was preventing you from attaching it? mdx2opm is missing an important file because vampi had a brain fart and forgot to include it in the binary of mdxtools, and vgm2pre is bearly able to do anything (tested with both toy pop on x1turbo and Grobda on pc88) and neither have been updated since their innicial release. since I'm using these instruments with bambootracker in light of delec's lack of caring for screen reader accessibility, extracting the instruments that way is out of the question. Hoot is also inaccessible to screen readers and is locked behind a language barrier so that option's off the table as well.
I'll try mdplayer at some point.
BTW, could you make me a namco wsg style instrument pack for ym2612/ym2151, or any other psg style pack for that matter?

Offline venimousvernon

• Delek FTW
« Reply #100 on: July 07, 2019, 05:22:54 PM »
BestMoorsK: get the fuck off delec's property before I sick mom's attack dog on you!

Offline venimousvernon

• Delek FTW
« Reply #101 on: July 07, 2019, 06:01:43 PM »
update: tried mdplayer and OMG, the accessibility is almost as bad as hoot.