Chat

Author Topic: I got banned from the Deflemask Discord!  (Read 1298 times)

Offline marcb0t

I got banned from the Deflemask Discord!
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2017, 03:32:04 AM »
Actually, Bruce could simply rename the extension to .txt or any other compatible extensions. Then he can tell people in the post to rename the extension to the proper "SnoozeTracker" extension, after they download it.. (*.tfm, I presume)

Just a sneaky little work-around.  ::)

Why not upload your song using the ".txt" extension, Bruce? I'd like to hear it.

Offline Bruce A. Dyson

• A fan of sound hardware
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2017, 09:18:09 PM »
Why not upload your song using the ".txt" extension, Bruce? I'd like to hear it.

Here's a Google Drive link to the VGZ of the song: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7jvPu9tKB-VcGpfdTE3NUJCVDQ

JetStar1997

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2017, 01:14:40 AM »
Here's a Google Drive link to the VGZ of the song: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7jvPu9tKB-VcGpfdTE3NUJCVDQ

The forum does allow .vgm files to be uploaded (.vgz files aren't allowed, for some reason). Just for proof, I have uploaded a .vgm of a song I created with SnoozeTracker. It was a test of the tracker's feature that emulates the rather obscure features of the Sega PSG chip. (By the way, if you wonder of why the file is named that way, Windows does not allow the question mark to be used in file naming).

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2017, 02:05:54 AM »
You can tell me what extensions would be cool to add into the forum and I will happily add them to the list of accepted filenames.

JetStar1997

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2017, 02:14:40 AM »
You can tell me what extensions would be cool to add into the forum and I will happily add them to the list of accepted filenames.

Okay. A .vgz is practically a .vgm in a compressed file format, but it can still be loaded and played in any .vgm players. The only difference between the two is that a .vgz file takes up less space than a .vgm itself. They are best used when placed with other .vgz files in a .zip file, which is why any .zip file you get from Project 2612 (a website that collects Sega Genesis, Sega CD, and Sega 32X .vgm files) is loaded with .vgz files, so I think it would be good to allow .vgz files to uploaded here.

Offline Bruce A. Dyson

• A fan of sound hardware
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2017, 11:56:23 AM »

VGZ please!

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2017, 02:07:44 AM »

VGZ please!
Done

JetStar1997

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2017, 11:19:37 PM »
As a test, here is Rock n' Bass by Bruce and Was That a Dream? by me, both in .vgz format.

Offline marcb0t

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2017, 06:54:48 AM »

Bruce, this track is pretty good for your first try.

You definitely have some potential.

I could see this track being some theme or jingle on an old 16 bit space shooter (even though the track is designed on a chip for an 8 bit system).

Nice job!