Chat

Author Topic: Deflemask skins  (Read 5789 times)

cuttingagent

Deflemask skins
« on: June 15, 2013, 04:35:50 AM »
Here's my first 2.

I spent a lot of time tuning it to get it just right, but in the end had to make some compromises. V2 represents what I was going for, while V3 represents those small compromises for maximum visibility.

Delek, could you add a value to modify the colour of JUST the channel labels in the pattern list? This would help me get it exactly the way I want it, and make future colour mods easier.

I'm also having trouble figuring out how to change the background colour and the text on the current row and current selected channel on the pattern list. But I know that's just me getting confused when I look at so many different values. Overall, the reskinning system you have in place is very versatile and I was able to push a very high level of customization out of it with very little work.

My only real complaint was that the 'menu' image does not have good alignment with the giant Deflemask head in the middle of the menu bar at various resolutions, forcing me to use only more or less horizontally uniform textures. A good idea would be to anchor the tiles, centered right behing the head, so that all the other tiles spread out from that as its central point. (I'm not sure if I worded that in a way that is easy to understand, but hopefully you get what I mean)

Of course I'm sure you're busy working on the actual functional aspects of the program, but it would be nice to see this stuff looking even better someday. Cheers.

Offline Delek

• Salí para ver
  • Administrator
    • Delek's Website
    • Email
Deflemask skins
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 02:23:37 PM »
Really nice skin, you used every little aspect of the Skins system of DefleMask, with exception of the font file (it can be edited only in Windows by using DefleMask Font Converter, inside the extras folder).

About the changes in the Skin system, maybe I will implement "modern" skins, like in Winamp, if you use a Modern Skin you will have more power and customization tools (even new positions for UI elements) but more CPU will be required.

cuttingagent

Deflemask skins
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 06:39:05 AM »
Thank you. Yeah I didn't change the font because It looks just fine to me. I think if I used anything special it would just reduce visibility.

I actually really like the system the way it is, it's a little hard to figure out and the list is a bit overwhelming at first, but it's very functional and straightforward, in fact those couple things I couldn't change are literally the only things I can think of that I would want to change but couldn't (unless I got really nitpicky). Plus I wouldn't want to see the CPU load any higher! I think the look of Deflemask is a nice middle-ground between a bare-bones grey win95ish program and a big shiny transparent piece of glass candy, like win7... which I'm not a fan of. =O
Anyway the reskinning feature is great, thanks for including it!

Offline Demick12

• Sealed for freshness past the expiration date...
    • Email
Deflemask skins
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 12:08:21 AM »
Modern Skins, huh? This should prove interesting... :)
I am not insain, I have just been evilly reprogrammed. -Cyber-Lip